Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Tanners Flat Campground is located in scenic Little Cottonwood Canyon at an elevation of 7,200 feet, just 6 miles from Sandy, Utah. The canyon offers many hiking and biking opportunities.
The campground contains 31 single sites, three double sites, four overnight group sites and an amphitheater. The family and overnight group sites have picnic tables and campfire rings. The group overnight sites also have grills and serving tables. The amphitheater has benches and a presentation area, but does not have tables or a fire ring. The amphitheater is available in four hour blocks (8am-12pm, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-10pm).
Flush and vault toilets are provided, as is drinking water. A volleyball court is available but campers must bring their own net and ball. Firewood is available for purchase from the host. Roads and parking spurs are paved.
Need to Know
There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location. Hooking up to the power in the restrooms even for medical devices is not allowed for safety reasons.
Trailers/Campers and RVs: Please fill up with water before arriving on site. There is no place to fill-up on site and hooking up to spigots is not allowed.
- This is a watershed area; visitors will be fined for bringing domestic pets or livestock into the area.
- No amplified music is allowed in USDA Forest Service campgrounds and facilities. People come to the campgrounds for peace and quiet.
- Check site lengths carefully; most sites will not accommodate large RVs or trailers.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected on site for extra vehicles.
Off-road vehicles are not permitted.
- Campers must be in the campground by 10 p.m. Gates are locked from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. with no entry during that time.
The amphitheater does not include tables or a fire ring. It only has benches and a presentation area.
There is a 2-night minimum stay on weekends, 3-nights on holiday weekends.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Salt Lake Ranger District at 801-733-2660 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
Thank you for making a reservation at Tanners Flat Campground! We would love to hear from you. How was your stay (experience)? Our online comment cards help us to easily communicate your valuable feedback to our management team while also saving paper. Please follow the link below to fill out the questionnaire. You can also scan the QR code located on the fee board when you arrive at your destination. You may not know that you do not need a QR scanner; simply take a picture with your phone and follow the instructions. Your phone should have a built in QR scanner. If not, you can download one from your app store. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4933946/Utah-Guest-Comment-Card
The campground is set among a forest of shady pine, aspen, oak and maple trees. Vivid summer wildflowers are abundant, and autumn leaves put on quite a show. Little Cottonwood Creek runs along the edge of the campground.
Little Cottonwood Canyon is a beautiful area known for its soaring peaks, unique geology, pristine hidden lakes and cascading streams. Numerous hiking and mountain biking trails are in the area. Rock climbing is a popular activity as well.
Snowbird Resort is a few miles up-canyon, offering scenic tram rides, hiking, mountain biking, restaurants, groceries, an Alpine Slide, zip line rides, concerts and various festivals.
Albion Basin, part of Alta Ski Resort just a few miles further up-canyon, hosts the Wasatch Wildflower Festival annually in late July/early August, complete with guided nature walks. Numerous hiking trails can be found in Albion Basin, including the 1.5-mile round-trip hike to Cecret Lake.
Hiking and mountain biking trailheads can be found throughout the canyon. Hikers enjoy Red Pine Lake, White Pine Lake and Maybird Gulch, all beautiful hikes leading to alpine lakes. Mountain bikers enjoy the Cottonwood Creek Trail and Albion Meadows Trail.
Little Cottonwood Creek offers good trout fishing and is a favorite among local fly-fishermen.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
7490 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd Sandy UT 84092
For campground inquiries, please call: SALT LAKE RANGER DISTRICT OFFICE 801-733-2660 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From I-215, take the 6200 South exit and travel a mile east to Wasatch Blvd. Take Wasatch Blvd 3 miles south to junction with Little Cottonwood Canyon/Highway 210. Take a left at the junction and travel up Little Cottonwood Canyon for 4.1 miles to the campground.
- Site 012, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop LOWR, Type Yurt
- Site 027, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop LOWR, Type Yurt
- Site 008, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GPC, Loop UPPR, Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop LOWR, Type Yurt
- Site 024, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GPB, Loop UPPR, Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site AMPHMO, Loop Amphitheater, Type Group Walk To
- Site 028, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GPD, Loop UPPR, Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site AMPHEV, Loop Amphitheater, Type Group Walk To
- Site 006, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 033, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 015, Loop LOWR, Type Yurt
- Site 010, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 030, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 036, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GPA, Loop UPPR, Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 034, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 023, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 032, Loop UPPR, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 035, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site AMPHAF, Loop Amphitheater, Type Group Walk To
- Site 019, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 026, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 029, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop LOWR, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 031, Loop UPPR, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop UPPR, Type Standard Nonelectric