Lower Twin Lakes At Bridgeport
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Headquarters
Lower Twin Lakes Campground is located just 10 miles from Bridgeport, California. The Twin Lakes area is close by, offering boating, fishing, hiking and horseback riding opportunities.
The campground contains several single-family sites with picnic tables, food storage lockers and fire rings with grills. Flush toilets, drinking water and trash collection are provided. Firewood is available for purchase from the host. Roads and parking spurs are paved.
Robinson Creek South Campground is nearby, where educational programs are held at its amphitheater on weekends from July 4 through Labor Day.
Notifications and Alerts
- Fire restrictions are currently in effect that prohibit charcoal fires, wood-burning camp stoves, and charcoal grills. Only gas or propane stoves are permitted.
Need to Know
- This is Lower Twin Lakes near Bridgeport, not Twin Lakes at Mammoth Lakes
- Caution: black bears frequent the area; all food must be kept in approved containers
- This campground has first-come, first-served sites
- A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected on-site for extra vehicles
- California fishing regulations are in effect
- Click here for more info about the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forests
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
The campground is situated next to Robinson Creek, just below Lower Twin Lake, at an elevation of 7,000 feet. Massive Jeffrey pines tower over the site, offering partial shade. Aspens, sagebrush and summer wildflowers dot the landscape.
Upper and Lower Twin Lakes are within walking distance, offering beautiful mountain scenery, boating, canoeing and fishing for Kokanee salmon and rainbow and brown trout. A public boat ramp and beach are half-mile from the campground.
The rugged and scenic Hoover Wilderness Area can be accessed from the Twin Lakes area and offers additional trails for hiking and horseback riding.
Robinson Creek offers good rainbow trout fishing and can be easily accessed from within the campground. Numerous hiking trails are in the vicinity, including the popular Robinson Creek Trail.
P.O. BOX 472 BRIDGEPORT CA 93517
For campground inquiries, please call: 760-932-7092
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Bridgeport, California, take Highway 395 and turn south at Twin Lakes Road and travel 9.6 miles. Turn left onto South Twin Road and travel approximately 0.6 miles across the bridge to the campground.
- Site 015, Loop LOWE, Type Walk To
- Site 010, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop LOWE, Type Walk To
- Site 001, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop LOWE, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop LOWE, Type Walk To
- Site 005, Loop LOWE, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop LOWE, Type Standard Nonelectric