Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Cherry Campground is located on the banks of pretty Hobble Creek just six miles from Springville, Utah, at an elevation of 5,200 feet. Visitors enjoy exploring local trails.
The campground contains four tent-only group sites, three of which accommodate up to 75 people each; the other up to 50 people. Group Sites A and B are accessible. Sites contain picnic and serving tables, a campfire ring with benches, cement site pads and large grassy areas for tents.
Single and double-family sites are available as well, with picnic tables and campfire rings. Vault toilets are provided.
Notifications and Alerts
All Individual sites at this campground will operate on a 4-month rolling basis: On January 19, 2023, at 08:00 am MST, availability will be released through May 19, 2023.
Need to Know
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
This is a 'pack it in, pack it out' facility; please bring garbage bags.
Bring all the water you will need for your stay. There is no water available onsite. This includes water for drinking, cleaning, cooking, etc.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
Caution: bears frequent the area; be aware, keep a clean camp and store all food items in closed containers and away from sleeping areas.
Gate closes nightly at 10 pm. Quiet hours are between 10 pm - 6 am.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected onsite for extra vehicles (cash or check only).
This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
Group sites are for tents only and cannot accommodate trailers.
Only state licensed OHV's are allowed to unload and operate in campgrounds.
Trailers/Campers and RVs: Please fill up with water before arriving on site. There is no place to fill-up on site and hooking up to spigots is not allowed.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Spanish Fork Ranger District at 801-798-3571 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
Maple and cottonwood trees forest the area, providing ample shade, beautiful fall color and some privacy between campsites. Hobble Creek runs through the campground.
Dry Canyon and Wardsworth Canyon Trails begin near Balsam Campground, 6 miles up-canyon. Hobble Creek Canyon Road offers scenic driving for off-road vehicles above Balsam Campground. Hobble Creek Golf Course is nearby.
Rainbow trout fishing is popular on Hobble Creek. Several hiking, biking, horseback riding and dirt biking trails are in the area, including Left Fork Days Canyon Trail and Kirkman Hollow Trail. Both trails can be accessed from within the campground.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forest Forest Rd 058 Springville UT 84663
For campground inquiries, please call: SPANISH FORK RANGER DISTRICT 801-798-3571 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From I-15, take Springville exit 260. Continue east through intersection of Main Street and Highway 400 South. At the four-way stop at the end of 400 South, turn right onto Canyon Road. Keep heading east up Canyon Road for about 6 miles. After passing Hobble Creek Golf Course, the road will fork; stay to the right. Cherry Campground is approximately a mile from the golf course, past the junction of Forest Roads 132 and 058.
- Site 007, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site D, Loop CHERRY , Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site A, Loop CHERRY , Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site C, Loop CHERRY , Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site B, Loop CHERRY , Type Group Tent Only Area Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop CHERRY , Type Standard Nonelectric