South Meadows Campground, located 5 miles north of Woodland Park, provides a scenic spot for campers to rest and enjoy the many recreational offerings of the area. The campground attracts hikers and bikers with access to the multipurpose paved Centennial Bike Trail, as well as visitors looking for a central location for day trips to Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods. Garden of the Gods is a National Natural Landmark in Colorado Springs, featuring incredible rock formations, impressive vistas and a free visitor and nature center.
Each site has a campfire ring and picnic table. Roads are paved and a campground host is on duty. Vault toilets and drinking water may be found throughout the campground with reduced facilities outside of peak season.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• For cancellations before arrival, call reservations at 877-444-6777 (Toll-Free), 606-515-6777 (International), or 877-833-6777 (TDD) from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
• If campsite is not occupied within 24 hours of scheduled check-in time, it will be forfeited unless you contact RMRC at 719-687-7818 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). Do not call this number for cancellations or reservations.
• Please check-in with host upon arrival.
• RV or trailers over 36 feet will have a very tough time making it through the campground because of tight corners and trees.
• Limit two vehicles or one RV per single site. A $6 nightly extra vehicle fee will be collected for single sites with more than 2 vehicles if they fit in the parking spur.
• All vehicles including campers must fit in parking spur (not on grass) without blocking road.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
• Maximum 14-day stay limit within 30-day period.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited. Target shooting is prohibited.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• This facility has first-come, first-served sites.
• No hookups available.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
Campsites are tucked in a stand of ponderosa pines at an elevation of 8,000 feet. To the north is the 5-acre Manitou Lake. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in summer months and temperatures are generally mild, with warm and pleasant days and cooler nights.
The town of Woodland Park is located five miles south of South Meadows Campground where campers can find gas, food, dining and shopping.
Visitors can tour the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and view the impressive architecture at the Cadet Chapel. Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods are other popular attractions.
The 4.2-mile Centennial Trail, a paved, accessible recreation trail, connects South Meadows Campground to Manitou Lake Picnic Area and Colorado Campground. The trail is popular for hikers, inline skaters and bicyclists. The nearby Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts. Fishing is available at nearby Manitou Lake and Trout Creek.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From the I-25 and Hwy 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, Colorado, travel west on Highway 24 for approximately 18 miles to the Hwy 24 and Hwy 67 intersection in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Hwy 67 and travel approximately 5.5 miles to South Meadows Campground. The campground is on the left side of the road.