South Meadows Campground, located 5 miles north of Woodland Park, provides a scenic spot for campers to rest and enjoy the many recreational offerings of the area. The campground attracts hikers and bikers with access to the multipurpose paved Centennial Bike Trail, as well as visitors looking for a central location for day trips to Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods. Garden of the Gods is a National Natural Landmark in Colorado Springs, featuring incredible rock formations, impressive vistas and a free visitor and nature center.
Each site has a campfire ring and picnic table. Roads are paved and a campground host is on duty. Vault toilets and drinking water may be found throughout the campground with reduced facilities outside of peak season.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• Please check-in with host upon arrival.
• RV or trailers over 36 feet will have a very tough time making it through the campground because of tight corners and trees.
• All vehicles including campers must fit in parking spur (not on grass) without blocking road.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited. Target shooting is prohibited.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• This facility has first-come, first-served sites.
• No hookups available.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
Two vehicles or one RV/Trailer and tow vehicle per site is included in the camping fee. $10.00 for a third vehicle.
Firewood is available for sale at host site for $10.00/bundle.
$10.00 fee for DAY USE if you are not camping overnight. This is only for sites that are First Come First Serve and you must vacate the site by 5:00 PM.
Campsites are tucked in a stand of ponderosa pines at an elevation of 8,000 feet. To the north is the 5-acre Manitou Lake. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in summer months and temperatures are generally mild, with warm and pleasant days and cooler nights.
The town of Woodland Park is located five miles south of South Meadows Campground where campers can find gas, food, dining and shopping.
Visitors can tour the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and view the impressive architecture at the Cadet Chapel. Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods are other popular attractions.
The 4.2-mile Centennial Trail, a paved, accessible recreation trail, connects South Meadows Campground to Manitou Lake Picnic Area and Colorado Campground. The trail is popular for hikers, inline skaters and bicyclists. The nearby Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts. Fishing is available at nearby Manitou Lake and Trout Creek.
Individual Campsites: Cancellations up to 2 days before a reservation start date incur a $10.00 cancellation fee.
A visitor who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee including tax and applicable add-on for a campsite.
Cancellations for a one-night reservation will forfeit the entire amount paid and will not be subject to an additional service fee.
A no-show visitor is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time on the day following the arrival date.
No-shows are assessed $20.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's rate, taxes and applicable add-on for a campsite.
Visitors may submit a refund request through their Recreation.gov profile within 7 days of the end date of their reservation. Refunds will not be issued after the 7 days has ended.
Refunds for debit or credit card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank or credit card used to pay.
For check or cash purchases, Recreation.gov will mail a Treasury check for refunds of cash, check, or money order payments to the address associated with the reservation. Treasury check refunds may take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive.
In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team or facility manager will refund all fees and will attempt to notify you using the contact information within the Recreation.gov visitor profile.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From the I-25 and Hwy 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, Colorado, travel west on Highway 24 for approximately 18 miles to the Hwy 24 and Hwy 67 intersection in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Hwy 67 and travel approximately 5.5 miles to South Meadows Campground. The campground is on the left side of the road.