Colorado Campground is a favorite family destination near Manitou Lake Picnic Area north of the town of Woodland Park. A short trail leads to the lovely lake, where visitors enjoy fishing, bird watching and canoeing.
The campground offers single and double-family campsites. Picnic tables and campfire rings are provided, as are vault toilets, drinking water and trash collection. The road is paved and parking spurs are gravel. Campfire programs are held at the campground's amphitheater on most Saturday evenings.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• For cancellations before arrival, call reservations at 877-444-6777 (Toll-Free), 606-515-6777 (International), or 877-833-6777 (TDD) from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
• If campsite is not occupied within 24 hours of scheduled check-in time, it will be forfeited unless you contact RMRC at 719-687-7818 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Mountain Time). Do not call this number for cancellations or reservations.
• Please check-in with host upon arrival.
• RV or trailers over 36 feet will have a very tough time making it through the campground because of tight corners and trees.
• Limit two vehicles or one RV per single site. A $6 nightly extra vehicle fee will be collected for single sites with more than 2 vehicles if they fit in the parking spur.
• All vehicles including campers must fit in parking spur (not on grass) without blocking road.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
• Maximum 14-day stay limit within 30-day period.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited. Target shooting is prohibited.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• This facility has first-come, first-served sites.
• No hookups available.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
The campground is situated at 7,800 feet in a ponderosa pine forest near the 5-acre Manitou Lake. The campground lies in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, due north of Pikes Peak. Pikes Peak summit reaches an elevation of 14,115 feet and is America's easternmost peak over 14,000 feet.
Colorado Springs is about 25 miles southeast of the campground and offers many services. Garden of the Gods is a popular attraction just outside of town. This free park offers hiking trails, rock climbing routes, a visitor center and cafe. Pikes Peak lies west of Manitou Springs, which is about 20 miles from the campground. Visitors can hike, or drive to the summit of this beautiful mountain. The town of Woodland Park, located 6 miles south of Colorado Campground, offers gas, groceries, dining and shopping.
Manitou Lake offers trout fishing and lakeside picnicking. Canoeing on the small lake is also a popular activity. The Centennial Bike Trail, a paved, accessible recreation trail, connects Colorado Campground to Manitou Lake Picnic Area and South Meadows Campground. The trail is popular among hikers, roller bladers and bicyclists. The nearby Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From the I-25 and Highway 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, travel west on Highway 24 for about 18 miles to the intersection with Highway 67 in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Highway 67 and drive about 6.7 miles to Colorado Campground. The campground is on the right side of the road.