Colorado Campground is a favorite family destination near Manitou Lake Picnic Area north of the town of Woodland Park. A short trail leads to the lovely lake, where visitors enjoy fishing, bird watching and canoeing.
The campground offers single and double-family campsites. Picnic tables and campfire rings are provided, as are vault toilets, drinking water and trash collection. The road is paved and parking spurs are gravel. Campfire programs are held at the campground's amphitheater on most Saturday evenings.
• Check-In time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 p.m.
• SPECIAL NOTE: Colorado State regulations prohibit attaching hoses to hydrants to fill RV’s. Please come prepared.
• For cancellations before arrival, call reservations at 877-444-6777 (Toll-Free), 606-515-6777 (International), or 877-833-6777 (TDD) from 10 a.m. -- 12 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
• Please check-in with host upon arrival.
• RV or trailers over 36 feet will have a very tough time making it through the campground because of tight corners and trees.
• All vehicles including campers must fit in parking spur (not on grass) without blocking road.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• Don’t Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
• Maximum 14-day stay limit within 30-day period.
• 10 mph speed limit in all campgrounds and day use areas.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited. Target shooting is prohibited.
• Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations.
• This facility has first-come, first-served sites.
• No hookups available.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests.
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
The campground is situated at 7,800 feet in a ponderosa pine forest near the 5-acre Manitou Lake. The campground lies in the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, due north of Pikes Peak. Pikes Peak summit reaches an elevation of 14,115 feet and is America's easternmost peak over 14,000 feet.
Colorado Springs is about 25 miles southeast of the campground and offers many services. Garden of the Gods is a popular attraction just outside of town. This free park offers hiking trails, rock climbing routes, a visitor center and cafe. Pikes Peak lies west of Manitou Springs, which is about 20 miles from the campground. Visitors can hike, or drive to the summit of this beautiful mountain. The town of Woodland Park, located 6 miles south of Colorado Campground, offers gas, groceries, dining and shopping.
Manitou Lake offers trout fishing and lakeside picnicking. Canoeing on the small lake is also a popular activity. The Centennial Bike Trail, a paved, accessible recreation trail, connects Colorado Campground to Manitou Lake Picnic Area and South Meadows Campground. The trail is popular among hikers, roller bladers and bicyclists. The nearby Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts.
Individual Campsites: Cancellations up to 2 days before a reservation start date incur a $10.00 cancellation fee.
A visitor who cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee including tax and applicable add-on for a campsite.
Cancellations for a one-night reservation will forfeit the entire amount paid and will not be subject to an additional service fee.
A no-show visitor is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time on the day following the arrival date.
No-shows are assessed $20.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's rate, taxes and applicable add-on for a campsite.
Visitors may submit a refund request through their Recreation.gov profile within 7 days of the end date of their reservation. Refunds will not be issued after the 7 days has ended.
Refunds for debit or credit card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank or credit card used to pay.
For check or cash purchases, Recreation.gov will mail a Treasury check for refunds of cash, check, or money order payments to the address associated with the reservation. Treasury check refunds may take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive.
In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team or facility manager will refund all fees and will attempt to notify you using the contact information within the Recreation.gov visitor profile.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From the I-25 and Highway 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, travel west on Highway 24 for about 18 miles to the intersection with Highway 67 in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Highway 67 and drive about 6.7 miles to Colorado Campground. The campground is on the right side of the road.