Red Bluff Campground
Mark Twain National Forest
Red Bluff Campground is named for towering red bluffs along Huzzah Creek, carved by the elements over the past 10,000 years. The area used to be home to timber mills, but now provides a serene spot for camping and enjoying nature.
The campground offers several large sites available for tent and RV camping. Individual picnic sites are available as well, some of which have shelters. An accessible group picnic shelter can also be reserved and can accommodate up to 75 people. Additional sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each site is equipped with a table and campfire ring with grill. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. The roads within the campground are paved.
Need to Know
- Flash flooding is possible in the area
- At each single site you are allowed two vehicles and one towed vehicle (e.g. a pop-up, fifth-wheel, etc). Additional extra vehicles are $2 per vehicle per night. Double campsites accommodate twice the number of vehicles. At Group Sites 1 and 2, you are allowed 6 cars and 3 towed vehicles. At Group Site 3, you are allowed 10 cars and 5 towed vehicles.
- Click here for more information on the Mark Twain National Forest
- Don't move firewood: To limit the spread of invasive tree-killing pests, firewood from outside the area is not permitted. Some states have quarantines and may confiscate your firewood. Please help protect our forests from invasive species by obtaining your firewood at or near your camping destination and burning it on-site. Visit dontmovefirewood.org for more information.
Large, red bluffs on the opposite side of Huzzah Creek, gravel bars along the creek, a mixture of pools and riffles and natural vegetation provide a backdrop for a very relaxing camping experience at the campground. Red Bluff is located in the Potosi-Fredericktown Ranger District of the Mark Twain National Forest.
This campground is located in southeastern Missouri, approximately one mile from the town of Davisville.
Most sites are within 100 yards of Huzzah Creek, where tubing and swimming are enjoyed by visitors. The water can be swift-moving at times and rocks and drop-offs are not marked. Fishing is also popular in the area and anglers can expect to find bass, perch and catfish.
The Red Bluff Trail lies within the boundaries of the campground. It is a 1.2-mile loop that winds through a pine plantation and big oak timber, into an adjoining hollow before returning to the campground. The short trail provides an opportunity for visitors to enjoy a variety of ecological communities, while reaping the benefits of a half-hour of hiking.
237 Highway V Viburnum MO 65566
For campground inquiries, please call: 573-743-6042
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From St. Louis, Missouri, take I-44 west to Cuba. Continue on Highway 19 south to Cherryville. Take 49 south to Highway V, turn left to Davisville and travel approximately 1 mile and turn left into the campground.
- Site 006, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GP1, Loop GRP1, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site x_003, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop ADBL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Electric
- Site 028, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Electric
- Site 045, Loop RED, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GP2, Loop GRP2, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 031, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 027, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Electric
- Site 023, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site GP3, Loop GRP3, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Electric
- Site Group Day Use Shelter, Loop PAVI, Type Group Shelter Nonelectric
- Site 029, Loop BSNG, Type Standard Electric
- Site 026, Loop BDBL, Type Standard Electric
- Site 040, Loop BDBL, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop ASNG, Type Standard Nonelectric