Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Upper Narrows Campground is located southwest of Grantsville, Utah, in South Willow Canyon at an elevation of 6,400 feet. Visitors enjoy exploring local trails.
This primitive campground is dispersed over a mile-long stretch of road. One walk-to group site, ideal for family reunions or church groups, is available for up to 50 people. A footbridge must be crossed to access the site from the parking area. Picnic tables and campfire rings are provided, as are vault toilets. Roads and parking spurs are dirt.
Need to Know
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules.
Bring all the water you will need for your stay. There is no water available onsite. This includes water for drinking, cleaning, cooking, etc.
This is a 'pack it in, pack it out' facility; please bring garbage bags.
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
While there is room for 50 people at this walk to site, the parking is extremely limited. There is additional parking along the canyon at turnouts or campers could be shuttled to the site.
Walk-in access only; parking is across the road.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected on-site for extra vehicles.
- No amplified music is allowed in USDA Forest Service campgrounds and facilities. People come to the campgrounds for peace and quiet.
Leashed pets are permitted in the campground.
Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis when the group site is not reserved.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Salt Lake Ranger District at 801-733-2660 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The remote desert canyon is forested with oak, maple, and juniper trees, which offer partial shade. Willow Creek runs alongside the site.
The multi-use Stansbury Front and Medina Flat Trails begin nearby, offering access to the rugged Deseret Peak Wilderness. Willow Creek offers rainbow and brown trout fishing.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Uinta Wasatch Cache National Forest Dugway UT 84022
For campground inquiries, please call: SALT LAKE RANGER DISTRICT OFFICE 801-733-2660 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Salt Lake City, head west on I-80 for 36 miles. Take the Stansbury-Tooele/Route 35 exit and travel south 3 miles to Route 138 West. Continue for 10 miles to Grantsville. Go through Grantsville to Cooley Street and turn south; go 5 miles to the South Willow Canyon turnoff. Boy Scout Campground is located 3 miles from the forest boundary.