Manti-La Sal National Forest
Gooseberry Reservoir Campground is located in a scenic mountain valley in an open meadow next to Gooseberry Reservoir. It is situated at an elevation of 8,400 feet. Visitors enjoy canoeing and fishing on the small reservoir and exploring area trails.
The campground contains several standard RV sites with long parking spurs that easily accommodate large RVs. Vault toilets are provided, but no water or garbage service is available. A well-maintained dirt road leads to the campground, providing relatively easy access for cars and RVs alike.
Need to Know
- Drinking water and trash collection are not available at the campground; please pack out all garbage
- Click here for more information on the Manti-La Sal National Forest
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
The surrounding mountains are dotted with aspens, fir trees and sagebrush, but the campground has no trees and no shade. Each site has a nice lake view. Grasses and summer wildflowers cover the valley.
The reservoir offers good cutthroat and rainbow trout fishing, as well as canoeing. It is open to hand-powered watercraft only, and no boat ramp is available on the lake.
The Great Western Trail runs next to the campground, offering excellent opportunities for hiking, biking and off-road vehicle riding. Mammoth Guard Station is located just one mile south.
540 NORTH MAIN STREET EPHRAIM UT 84627
For campground inquiries, please call: (435)283-4151
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Fairview, Utah, travel north about a mile on Highway 89, to the junction with Highway 31. Travel east on Highway 31 for about nine miles, to the junction with Forest Development Road 124. Go north on Forest Development Raod 124 for three miles, to the campground.
- Site 008, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop GOOS, Type Standard Nonelectric