Download a park map HERE
Aux Arc Campground sits on the shores of Ozark Lake in the picturesque Arkansas River Valley.
"Aux Arc" is a name that originated with French explorers when they mapped the territory. The term means "the big bend," describing the bend in the Arkansas River. Over time, the name was simplified to "Ozark," thus the name for Ozark Lake.
Aux Arc Campground offers spacious, shady campsites with electric and water hookups. Three picnic shelters, with electricity, can be reserved as well. Additional amenities include a dump station, two playgrounds, hot showers and a boat ramp.
Masks and Social Distancing Required. Masks are Mandatory inside Buildings & Outdoors when social distancing (6') is not maintained. Per CDC guidelines and 36 CFR 327.12(a)
NOTICE: Group shelters are open for reservations, Please follow all CDC/State guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and face covering for COVID-19.
NOTE: A special event application is required for any event including, but not limited to one or more of the following:
1. An entry, spectator, or participating fee is charged
2. If you have an anticipated attendance of 100 or more persons
3. An extraordinary impact on project resources is expected
4. Corps personnel provide additional patrols, surveillance, refuse collection, and/or crowd control
5. Event involves the use of concession tents and/or vendors
6. Event involves Bounce Houses/Bump N Jump Inflatables
7. Fishing Tournament
8. Music Festival: In addition to the special event application, you may be asked to submit the following information before approval can be granted: (1) proof of liability insurance; (2) event details & description; (3) schedule of events; (4) parking plans. PROHIBITED: Please note that livestock, exotic animals, explosives, loaded projectile firing devices, pinatas, water balloons, and commercial activities are prohibited on project lands unless written permission has been received from the District Commander. If commercial tents are permitted for your special event, please note that driving tent stakes into concrete or asphalt on project lands is prohibited.
For additional information regarding Special Event Applications & Permit Fees, please contact the Russellville Project Office at (501) 340-1762.
Ozark Lake extends 36 miles along the Arkansas River. The shoreline of the lake varies from steep bluffs and tree-lined banks to open farm lands and level fields.
Two of the largest wineries in the state are located in the nearby town of Altus. Here, large grape vineyards reminiscent of the European Rhineland dot the countryside.
Boating, hiking and picnicking are favorites with locals and visitors alike. Anglers find success with both boat and bank fishing, and popular fish species include catfish, bream, crappie and bass.
Public land surrounding the lake yields deer, quail, squirrels, rabbits, dove, wild turkey, ducks and geese for hunting season.
1314 AUX ARC PARK ROAD OZARK AR 72949
For campground inquiries, please call: 479-667-1100
From Ozark, Arkansas, take SR-23 south for 1.5 miles to SR-309. Turn left and follow signs to the park.