Download an Old Post park map HERE
Old Post Road is a camping hotspot at Dardanelle Lake, with numerous opportunities for boating, biking, hiking and birding.
The river valley is a favorite winter destination for bald eagles.
The 37 reservable campsites offer have water and electric hookups. A playground and multiple picnic areas make the park perfect for families and parties.
NOTICE: Group shelters are open for reservations, Please follow all CDC/State guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and face covering for COVID-19.
NOTE: A special event application is required for any event including, but not limited to one or more of the following:
1. An entry, spectator, or participating fee is charged
2. If you have an anticipated attendance of 100 or more persons
3. An extraordinary impact on project resources is expected
4. Corps personnel provide additional patrols, surveillance, refuse collection, and/or crowd control
5. Event involves the use of concession tents and/or vendors
6. Event involves Bounce Houses/Bump N Jump Inflatables
7. Fishing Tournament
8. Music FestivalIn addition to the special event application, you may be asked to submit the following information before approval can be granted: (1) proof of liability insurance; (2) event details & description; (3) schedule of events; (4) parking plans. PROHIBITED: Please note that livestock, exotic animals, explosives, loaded projectile firing devices, pinatas, water balloons, and commercial activities are prohibited on project lands unless written permission has been received from the District Commander. If commercial tents are permitted for your special event, please note that driving tent stakes into concrete or asphalt on project lands is prohibited.
For additional information regarding Special Event Applications & Permit Fees, please contact the Russellville Project Office at (501) 340-1762.
Perched between the Ozark and Ouachita National Forests, Dardanelle Lake creates an excellent setting for nature lovers. The lake, sourced by the Arkansas River, spans 40,000 acres and boasts 315 miles of shoreline. A variety of hardwoods surround the lake shore.
The nearby Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge offers excellent wildlife viewing and photography.
Boating and fishing are the top activities, and a boat ramp is provided for convenient lake access.
Soccer and baseball fields and tennis courts offer additional recreation opportunities, and a biking trail also starts at the campground.
1063 LOCK AND DAM ROAD RUSSELLVILLE AR 72802
For campground inquiries, please call: 479-968-7962
From SR-7, take Lock and Dam Road for one mile and follow signs into campground.