Download a Springhill park map HERE
Springhill Park sits along John Paul Hammerschmidt Lake in the lush, rolling hills of Arkansas. Campers come here for boating, swimming, birding and relaxing.
Avid mountain bikers enjoy the Springhill Park Mountain Bike Trail, a 10-mile "fast" trail where experienced bikers race frequently. The trail is also a designated National Recreation Trail.
Springhill Park offers several spacious sites with electric hookups, along with four large group picnic shelters. Additional amenities include showers, a dump station, playground and boat ramps.
Masks and Social Distancing Required. Masks are Mandatory inside Buildings & Outdoors when social distancing (6') is not maintained. Per CDC guidelines and 36 CFR 327.12(a)
NOTICE: Group shelters are open for reservations, Please follow all CDC/State guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and face covering for COVID-19.
NOTE: A special event application is required for any event including, but not limited to one or more of the following:
1. An entry, spectator, or participating fee is charged
2. If you have an anticipated attendance of 100 or more persons
3. An extraordinary impact on project resources is expected
4. Corps personnel provide additional patrols, surveillance, refuse collection, and/or crowd control
5. Event involves the use of concession tents and/or vendors
6. Event involves Bounce Houses/Bump N Jump Inflatables
7. Fishing Tournament
8. Music Festival: In addition to the special event application, you may be asked to submit the following information before approval can be granted: (1) proof of liability insurance; (2) event details & description; (3) schedule of events; (4) parking plans. PROHIBITED: Please note that livestock, exotic animals, explosives, loaded projectile firing devices, pinatas, water balloons, and commercial activities are prohibited on project lands unless written permission has been received from the District Commander. If commercial tents are permitted for your special event, please note that driving tent stakes into concrete or asphalt on project lands is prohibited.
For additional information regarding Special Event Applications & Permit Fees, please contact the Russellville Project Office at (501) 340-1762.
John Paul Hammerschmidt Lake is on the James W. Trimble Lock and Dam of the Arkansas River. Some campsites line the river while others sit between the lake and Massard Creek.
Bottomland hardwood timber banks, steep bluffs and open agricultural fields create the scenery.
The Fort Smith Museum of History is located about 20 minutes away.
Year-round fishing for catfish, bream, crappie and white and largemouth bass is fantastic in the fertile waters of the Arkansas. From late fall until early spring, the tailwaters immediately below the lock and dam boasts some of the best sauger fishing in the country.
1700 LOCK AND DAM ROAD BARLING AR 72923
For campground inquiries, please call: 479-452-4598
From Barling, Arkansas, take SR-59 north for 1.5 miles and follow signs into campground.