Toad Suck provides 48 sites with electric and water hookups, plus five group picnic shelters. Additional amenities include hot showers, multiple playgrounds and a boat ramp.
ALL Campsites require a reservation prior to being occupied. There are no first come, first serve or walk-up sites available.
NOTICE: Camping at one or more campsites at any one water resource project for a period longer than 14 days during any 30-consecutive-day period is prohibited without the written permission of the District Commander. CFR 327.7 (b)
NOTE: A special event application is required for any event including, but not limited to one or more of the following:
1. An entry, spectator, or participating fee is charged
2. If you have an anticipated attendance of 100 or more persons
3. An extraordinary impact on project resources is expected
4. Corps personnel provide additional patrols, surveillance, refuse collection, and/or crowd control
5. Event involves the use of concession tents and/or vendors
6. Event involves Bounce Houses/Bump N Jump Inflatables
7. Fishing Tournament
8. Music Festival: In addition to the special event application, you may be asked to submit the following information before approval can be granted: (1) proof of liability insurance; (2) event details & description; (3) schedule of events; (4) parking plans.PROHIBITED: Please note that livestock, exotic animals, explosives, loaded projectile firing devices, pinatas, water balloons, and commercial activities are prohibited on project lands unless written permission has been received from the District Commander. If commercial tents are permitted for your special event, please note that driving tent stakes into concrete or asphalt on project lands is prohibited.
PROHIBITED: Please note that livestock, exotic animals, explosives, loaded projectile firing devices, pinatas, water balloons, and commercial activities are prohibited on project lands unless written permission has been received from the District Commander. If commercial tents are permitted for your special event, please note that driving tent stakes into concrete or asphalt on project lands is prohibited. For additional information regarding Special Event Applications & Permit Fees, please contact the Toad Suck site Office at 501-340-1004 or 1003. or email at CESWL-OP-KR-REC@usace.army.mil
Situated in the eastern edge of both the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, the area is a haven for nature enthusiasts. Dogwood, redbud, wild plum and other native flowering trees offer breathtaking sights in springtime.
The nearby Cadron Blockhouse in Cadron Settlement Park, a replica of a structure that was built in the late 18th century, is a popular tourist attraction.
The town of Conway hosts an annual Toad Suck Daze Festival, featuring a toad race competition.
Fishing is excellent year-round, and record fish catches are common in the Arkansas River. The waters have an abundance of bream, crappie, white bass, largemouth bass and several species of catfish.
93 Park Road Bigelow AR 72016
93 Park Road Bigelow AR 72016
For campground inquiries, please call: 501-759-2005
From Conway, Arkansas, travel west for 7 miles on SR-60 and follow signs into the campground.
From Initerstate 40 take exit 129B and head South on Dave Ward Drive/Hwy 286. Continue for 7.5 miles until you reach a stop sign. Turn left and continue over the bridge. Immediately after the bridge (and right beore the Toad Suck One Stop) take a hard right and follow the gravel road to the right to get to the main gate. You will drive under the bridge and the gate is on the left.