Fish Creek (CA)
Sierra National Forest
Fish Creek Campground is a small, primitive camp offering standard and tent-only sites. The campground is surrounded by mountains and tucked into a shady spot beneath oaks and pines. Sites are located along Fish Creek.
Each unit has a picnic table, grill and fire ring. Vault toilets are provided, but campers must bring drinking water.
Need to Know
- Maximum RV length is 20 feet
- Drinking water is not provided at this campground
- In accordance with standard industry practices, Sierra Recreation will be assessing a $10 additional vehicle fee per day on the second vehicle in each single family campsite, and on the third and fourth vehicle in any double family campsite, provided these vehicles are not joined to the first vehicle by a hitch and towed onto the site. In the case of motorcycles, the first two are considered as one vehicle for determining additional vehicle fees. The third and fourth motorcycle would also be considered as one vehicle. No additional vehicle fees are collected for bicycles.
- This facility is operated by Sierra Recreation, A Division of California Land Management, and your comments are appreciated; comment forms are available from campground hosts or on CLM'swebsite
- Click here to learn more about the Sierra National Forest
- Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed. For current fire conditions or weather closures contact the Sierra National Forest Headquarters, (559) 297-0706.
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov.
Fish Creek Campground is located in the Bass Lake Ranger District. At an elevation of 3,400 feet, Bass Lake is a very popular area known for its variety of fish, as well as the bald and golden eagles that make their home here.
The Sierra National Forest, located on the western slope of the central Sierra Nevada, is known for its spectacular mountain scenery and abundant natural
The terrain includes rolling, oak-covered foothills, heavily forested middle elevation slopes and the starkly beautiful alpine landscape of the High Sierra.
Nearby Mammoth Pool Reservoir offers a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, hiking and wildlife viewing. Campers can use a pay phone, as well as get gas and supplies at Wagner's Mammoth Pool Resort.
A popular pastime in the area is to take a drive on the 83-mile Sierra Vista Scenic Byway.
Hikers can access the nearby French Trail, a 12.7 mile foot trail that extends from Squaw Dome Trailhead to Logan Meadow Trailhead. Other activities include hunting in designated areas and fishing.
For campground inquiries, please call: 559-642-3212
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Fresno, California: Take Highway 41 north, turn northeast on Forest
Road 200 and pass through North Fork. Take Minarets Road (heading east out
of North Fork) for 19 miles to the Fish Creek Campground.
- Site FS1-203, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site FS1-201, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site FS1-202, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site FT1-201, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site FS1-20, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site FT1-202, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site FS1-204, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site FT1-20, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site FS1-20N, Loop AREA FISH CREEK, Type Standard Nonelectric