Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Kaspian Campground is located in a mature forest of pine trees overlooking the beautiful Lake Tahoe. Campers will be nestled in a sparse forest of pine trees and evergreen shrubs, just minutes from the bright blue water of Tahoe. The lake and its sandy beaches provides ample recreation opportunities.
The campground offers multiple single-family sites for tent-only camping. Sites are equipped with tables and campfire rings with grills. Accessible flush toilets, drinking water and trash collection are provided.
Need to Know
- In accordance with standard industry practices, Tahoe Recreation will be assessing a $7 additional vehicle fee per night on the second vehicle in each single family campsite, and on the third and fourth vehicle in any double family campsite, provided these vehicles are not joined to the first vehicle by a hitch and towed onto the site. In the case of motorcycles, the first two are considered as one vehicle for determining additional vehicle fees. The third and fourth motorcycle would also be considered as one vehicle. No additional vehicle fees are collected for bicycles.
- Forest Order No. 19-15-01: Prohibits camping for a combined total of no more than 14 days during a calendar year (January-December), forest-wide. Visitors may book campsites annually but the maximum stay may not exceed a total of 14 days each calendar year (January-December).
- Bears frequent the area; use appropriate food containers
- All campers must register with camp host
- Off-road vehicles are prohibited in the campground
- Limit of two pets per site; pets are not allowed on the beaches
- Chainsaw use and hunting are prohibited in the area
- Please keep boats clean, drained and dry, to avoid transport or introduction of aquatic invasive species
- Fire restrictions may be imposed at any time due to hot, dry weather conditions, at which time campfires and charcoal fires may not be allowed. For current fire conditions or weather closures contact the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit Supervisor's Office, (530) 543-2600.
- Maximum of six people per site.
- This facility is operated by Tahoe Recreation, doing business as CLM Services, Inc. Your comments are welcomed; Visitors may collect a comment form from a campground host or submit feedback online.
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov.
The campground is situated in a former picnic area, across the street from the lake. Campsites are spaced for privacy and surrounded by tall ponderosa pine and white fir trees. Some sites offer spectacular views of Lake Tahoe through the trees.
Kaspian Campground is less than 10 miles from the popular Meeks Bay.
Kaspian Campground is ideal for visitors planning a full day of biking around Lake Tahoe. Bike trails that traverse the western shores of the lake begin near the campground.
Visitors enjoy water sports on the lake and relaxing on its sandy beaches.
P.O. Box 9047 South Lake Tahoe CA 96158
For campground inquiries, please call: 530-583-3642
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
The campground is located 4 miles south of Tahoe City, on California Highway 89.
- Site 001, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 002, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 007, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 005, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 003, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 009, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 008, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 006, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To
- Site 004, Loop AREA KASPIAN CAMPGROUND, Type Walk To