Manitou Lake Picnic Area, is located 7 miles north of Woodland Park, Colorado,. The Manitou Lake Pavilion is located inside the picnic area and is a wonderful group day use picnic area for groups up to 50 people. The scenic spot sits on the west side of Manitou Lake and provides great opportunities for hiking, biking and fishing.
Fishing in the lake is welcomed.
The open-air pavilion is accessible. Adjacent to the pavilion are water hydrants, a large cooking grill, vault toilets, and group picnic tables. A grassy meadow allows for plenty of outdoor sports. The pavilion can accommodate approximately 25 people if tables are set up, and 50 people if only chairs are set up. Drinking water is available during peak season only.
• Parking is limited, please carpool.
• Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating.
• Day Use Only: No overnight camping.
• Don't Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
• Do not feed the wildlife. This includes bird feeders of any kind.
• No swimming, wading, or body contact with the water is allowed in Manitou Lake.
• Fishing is allowed using flies, lures, and baits. The daily bag limit is 4 trout per person with a valid Colorado fishing license. See Colorado Parks and Wildlife fishing regulations for regulations and information. Please take fish home to clean them.
• Discharging any weapon is prohibited including paintballs, bow & arrow, BB guns, airsoft guns. Fireworks and explosives are prohibited.
• No horses allowed.
• ATVs prohibited.
• click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests
• USE OF DRONES PROHIBITED.
• The pavilion and group picnic area are located within the greater Manitou Lake Picnic Area. Rental of the pavilion and group picnic area does not allow for exclusive use of the greater picnic area.
• Limit of 50 people per pavilion reservation.
• There is no electricity at the pavilion.
• No generators, amplified music, or public address systems are allowed.
• All vehicles entering for reservation must pay entrance fee.
• Do not attach anything including signs, banners, decorations, furniture, etc to building
The small Manitou Lake is a 5-acre reservoir fed by Trout Creek. At a 7,700 foot elevation, the terrain is a combination of grassy meadows and ponderosa pines.
Hike to the top of Pikes Peak or visit Garden of the Gods Park, a registered National Natural Landmark. The park and visitor center are free to the public.
The paved Centennial Bike Trail can be accessed from the picnic area and a hiking trail loops around the lake. The paved trail connects to nearby Painted Rocks, Colorado, and South Meadows Campgrounds. Manitou Lake is a popular birding area with a diversity of waterfowl and land bird species.
Group Day Use Area: Customers who cancel a group day-use facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will forfeit the total day-use fee.
PIKES PEAK RANGER DISTRICT 601 S. WEBER ST. Colorado Springs CO 80903
For campground inquiries, please call: 719-636-1602 (INFORMATION ONLY, NO RESERVATIONS TAKEN AT THIS NUMBER)
From Colorado Springs, travel on US Highway 24 approximately 18 miles to Woodland Park. Take Highway 67 north about 7 miles. Manitou Lake is on the right (east) side of the highway 1 mile north of Colorado Campground.