Happy Meadows Campground is situated along the South Platte River near the Eleven Mile Reservoir and Eleven Mile Canyon. Excellent fishing, tubing, and hiking await visitors.
Eleven Mile Canyon is rich in natural resources and historic significance. Originally called Granite Canyon, the towering gray walls rise 500 feet above the river.
Happy Meadows offers seven reservable RV campsites. Each site has a picnic table and a camp fire ring. Drinking water from a water pump and a vault toilet is available.
Need to Know
- Please bring garbage bags; this is a 'PACK IN - PACK OUT' facility
- Be bear aware; keep all food out of site in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating
- This is a high elevation facility, please use caution when traveling from lower elevations
- No RV hookups are available
- Limit two vehicles with a maximum of 8 people per site
- For more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests, click here
- Don't Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
- ATV's and off road vehicles are prohibited in the campground
- The use, sale, and possession of all forms of cannabis in the United States is illegal under federal law.
- Shooting of any type is prohibited in the campground
Reservations are available up to 5 days prior to arrival date. Sites not reserved 5 days before become available on a ‘first come - first serve’ (FF) bases.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
Check-out time is 12:00pm. Check-in time is 2:00pm
Campsites are a short walk to the lovely South Platte, a major tributary of the Platte River that runs through Colorado and Nebraska. As part of Pike Forest, Happy Meadows enjoys abundant and varied wildlife, seven peaks above 14,000 feet, called fourteeners, and miles of great trails.
The town of Lake George is just 3 miles away, offering a general store, fish tackle and bait shop, and cabin rentals.
World-class trout fishing is a major attraction on the South Platte. Visitors can also venture to Florissant Fossil Beds to view fossils and petrified redwoods. Eleven Mile Canyon and the Tarryall Valley offer scenic drives with impressive views.
P.O. Box 74 Lake George CO 80827
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Denver and Colorado Springs, take I-25 to Highwy 24 west toward Woodland Park. At Lake George on US-24, turn north on County Road 77, also known as the Tarryall road. Travel about a mile and turn east on County Road 112. Continue on County Road 112 turning right at dead end. The campground will be on the right after about a mile.
- Site 007, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop HAPPY MEADOWS, Type Rv Nonelectric