Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Sulphur Campground is located 39 miles from Evanston, Wyoming, just off the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway at the confluence of Stillwater Fork and Hayden River. Numerous hiking, biking, horse and ATV trails crisscross this beautiful region.
The facility has 15 single family sites and 5 double family sites that come equipped with picnic tables and fire rings with grills. One group site is available, which accommodates up to 25 people. This site has 3 large picnic tables, a large fire ring with benches and parking areas.
Vault toilets and garbage service are provided. Water is available, but may be limited. A campground host is located on-site. Roads and parking spurs are dirt.
Need to Know
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
Water is limited; please bring your own supply, as the springs can be unreliable.
Extra Vehicles: One vehicle is included in your single campsite fee; two in your double campsite fee. Each additional vehicle must fit safely on the spur and will be charged a per day fee that is collected on site (cash or check only).
No horses, ATVs or OHVs allowed in the campground; ATVs must be trailered to an ATV area 4 miles away.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Learn more about Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
For more information, call Evanston-Mountain View Ranger District at 307-789-3194 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.utahrecreationcompany.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
Thank you for making a reservation at Sulphur Campground! We would love to hear from you. How was your stay (experience)? Our online comment cards help us to easily communicate your valuable feedback to our management team while also saving paper. Please follow the link below to fill out the questionnaire. You can also scan the QR code located on the fee board when you arrive at your destination. You may not know that you do not need a QR scanner; simply take a picture with your phone and follow the instructions. Your phone should have a built in QR scanner. If not, you can download one from your app store. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4933946/Utah-Guest-Comment-Card
Sulphur Campground sits at an elevation of 9,100 feet. Pines and aspens provide limited shade, and summer wildflowers dot the area.
The Hayden Fork of the Bear River runs next to the campground. These and other streams lead to numerous high alpine lakes and fishing holes, countless trails, breathtaking scenic viewpoints and various campgrounds.
The 65-mile Mirror Lake Scenic Byway parallels the Lower Provo River as it snakes across a portion of the Uinta Mountains.
Fishing is very popular on the waterways. Canoeing, hiking, backpacking, horseback riding and biking are popular activities.
The High Uintas Wilderness can be accessed via several trails along the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway. A short trail can be accessed from the campground leading to Bourbon
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
Wasatch Cache National Forest FR114 Evanston WY 82930
For campground inquiries, please call: EVANSTON-MOUNTAIN VIEW RANGER DISTRICT 307-789-3194 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Evanston, Wyoming, take Utah Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Scenic Byway) south for 39 miles. Sulphur Campground is on the west side of the highway.
From Kamas, Utah, take Center Street east. It becomes Utah Highway 150 (Mirror Lake Scenic Byway). Travel about 40 miles. There will be a sign for Sulphur Campground, which is on the west side of the road.
- Site 013, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 015, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Group Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop SULPHUR CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric