Situated along Kentucky's Highland Rim, Holmes Bend Campground is surrounded by forested tracks, rolling meadows and the pristine banks of Green River Lake.
Click here for the Green River Lake Virtual Tour.
Holmes Bend Campground offers 125 campsites, 40 of which have electric hookups only and 62 of which have water and electric hookups. Amenities like flush toilets, showers, fire rings and drinking water provide a comfortable camping experience. A playground and an interpretive trail offer additional recreation opportunities within the campground. A swimming beach, several miles of multi-use trails to include horseback riding, a reservable picnic shelter, parking areas, additonal playground and restroom facilities, boat ramp, courtesy dock, fishing pier, marina, and marina owned rental cabins are all located within 1 mile of the campground.
Volunteers help operate and manage Holmes Bend. There will be limited tollhouse hours and limited services offered at the campground tollhouse. This campground is also now 100% reservable, we have no walk-in sites. All incoming campers must have a reservation before setting up on a campsite.
Campground now ran by volunteers. There will be limited tollhouse hours and services offered. Reservations will not be marked in advance at the campsite. Do not set up at any campsite without reserving the site first. Reservations can be made by calling 1-877-444-6777 or on www.recreation.gov.
1. Camping is permitted at designated camping areas with not more than six (6) people or the members of one family unit at any one site. A family unit is considered to be parent(s) and unmarried children living in the same household. All vehicles must be registered at the tollhouse. Vehicles and personal property are to be placed only on the site(s) rented by you, not on adjoining sites. All vehicles/boat trailers must be within the limits of your campsite or in a designated parking area.
2. Campers must register at the campground entrance station as soon as possible after arrival. To prevent overloading electrical circuits, only one (1) camper unit may be plugged into the campsite electric pedestal. Unoccupied or unrented campsites may not be utilized for electric service.
3. Campers will display the user permit on the site identification post and return it to the tollhouse when departing. Checkout time is 4:30 p.m. on the day the permit expires.
4. All visitors will check in at the tollhouse and will be charged a visitor’s fee. Visitors must leave by 9:30 p.m. No more than six (6) visitors per campsite at one time are permitted.
5. Gear, equipment, trash, and debris shall be completely removed from the area upon departure.
6. Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. The operation or use of any noise-producing devices that unreasonably annoy others at any time is prohibited. The use of properly muffled generators is permitted between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Individuals who are boisterous, rowdy, disorderly, or otherwise disturb the peace at any time may be requested to leave the campground and forfeit all camping fees paid.
7. Vehicles/boat trailers must be parked within the limits of the campsite (within defined border or on gravel driveway) or in a designated parking area.
8. Fires may be built only in fireplaces or grills. A responsible person must attend to all fires. Hang lanterns on metal holders provided at campsites. No burning of treated lumber or wood containing metal is allowed.
9. Any loaded projectile fire device, ammunition, and explosives of any kind are prohibited in the area except when in the possession of a Government employee or law enforcement officer on official duty. The possession or use of fireworks is prohibited.
10. Pets shall be kept on a leash not over 6 feet long or under physical control at all times. Pets shall not be left unattended. Pet owners are expected to clean up and properly dispose of their pet’s waste.
11. The destruction, injury, defacement, removal, or alternation of Government property, vegetation, rocks, or minerals is prohibited.
12. Motor driven vehicles, including mopeds, must conform to state licensing laws and their use will be confined to developed roadways by a licensed operator (16 years or older). Constant circling or “joy riding” is not permitted. The speed limit in the campground is 15 M.P.H. and all directional arrows must be observed. Motorized or battery-operated toys are not allowed on roadways or sidewalks.
13. The use of golf carts is permitted only by campers who have signed the Green River Lake Golf Cart Use policy.
14. No bicycles, skateboards, mopeds, or similar equipment are allowed on the sidewalks or steps around showerhouse facilities or other walkways. No bicycles, skateboards, or other similar equipment may be operated after dark.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
Green River Lake area encompasses a total of some 32,000 acres in the central portion of Kentucky, creating countless recreational activities for visitors on the water and on land.
The Corps of Engineers Visitor Center and the Historical Civil War Atkinson-Griffin Log Cabin are located only a short 10 miles northwest from Holmes Bend .
Several historical attractions and National Parks are located within an hour of Green River Lake, including the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln and Mammoth Cave National Park.
With 8,000 surface acres of water, the lake is an ideal place for boating. With ten boat ramps located around the shoreline, guests have plenty of room for fishing, jet skiing, wake boarding and more. Three full-service marinas are also located around the lake.
Fishing is a popular activity at Green River Lake: Walleye, crappie, white bass, channel catfish, muskie and bluegill are all found in abundance.
Hunters enjoy the surrounding land, with various habitats supporting deer, turkey, rabbit, quail, squirrel, dove and waterfowl.
There are also miles of trails that wind around the lake and along the shore, affording some of the most scenic views in the region.
Customers who change their dates outside the original reservation date (i.e., different week or month) will incur a $10 change fee. No-shows are charged a $20.00 fee plus the first nights use fee.
544 Lake Rd Campbellsville KY 42718
69 Corps Rd Columbia KY 42728
For campground inquiries, please call: 270-384-4623
From Columbia, KY, take Cumberland Parkway to exit 49 and merge onto Highway 55 north. Continue for 1.5 miles, then turn right on Highway 551. After a mile turn left on Holmes Bend Road and follow directional signs to the campground.