John C. Briscoe Group Use
Mark Twain Lake
The scenic John C. "Jack" Briscoe Group area, previously named the M.W. Boudreaux Group Area, is an ideal place for families and groups to explore and enjoy Mark Twain Lake.
More than 2 million visitors travel to the Mark Twain lake region to enjoy the overall magnetism of the area, thanks in part to the author's beloved classics, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and sequel, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."
The John C. "Jack" Briscoe Group Use Area includes six group campsites with picnic shelters, showers and a central playground. Most sites hold a maximum of 24 to 36 people and offer paved parking for RVs, a shaded area for tent campers and an open area for sporting activities. All sites have electric hookups.
Need to Know
- Firewood restrictions are in effect to prevent the spread of invasive insects and disease; http://dontmovefirewood.org/ Click here for more information
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect your forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
Mark Twain lake is large reservoir fed by the waters of the Salt River in northern Missouri. A variety of recreation areas line the lake, in addition to Mark Twain State Park on the western edge of the lake.
Beside the lake is the village of Florida, where Mark Twain was born. Twenty-five miles east is the town of Hannibal, where visitors can tour the author's boyhood home.
Fishing, boating and hunting are very popular at John C. Briscoe. Deer and turkey are common wildlife, and bass is the most popular catch in the lake.
20642 HIGHWAY J MONROE CITY MO 63456-9359
For campground inquiries, please call: 573-735-4097
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Hannibal, MO, travel west on highway 36 for 17 miles, then continue south on Route J and head south 10 miles.
From Perry, travel north on Rt. J for 9 miles.
- Site GRP1, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric
- Site GRP5, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric
- Site GRP3, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric
- Site GRP2, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric
- Site GS1, Loop MB04, Type Group Shelter Electric
- Site GRP6, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric
- Site GRP4, Loop GRUP, Type Group Standard Electric