Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Mill Hollow Campground is located in the Uinta National Forest next to Mill Hollow Reservoir at an elevation of 8,800 feet. Visitors enjoy fishing, canoeing and hiking.
The campground offers several family campsites, some of which are designated for tents only. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. A short trail leads up the hill from the campground to the reservoir.
Need to Know
RV (Max Length) is the TOTAL length of the site. RV ( Max Length - includes tow vehicle )
For campground Rules and Regulations visit https://www.gocamputah.com/rules .
There are no electrical, water or sewer hookups available at this location.
This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
Only state licensed OHV's are allowed to unload and operate in campgrounds.
A per-day, per-vehicle fee will be collected on site for extra vehicles (cash or check only).
No discharge of firearms or fireworks.
Pets must be on a leash at all times.
This campground requires a 3 day minimum stay on holiday weekends.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Heber Ranger District at 435-654-0470 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
The campground is situated on a hillside just below Mill Hollow Reservoir. A dense forest of fir, lodgepole pine and aspen covers the area, providing plentiful shade in most sites. Wildlife and summer wildflowers are abundant.
Soapstone Basin, only 8 miles north of the campground, offers miles of designated dirt trails for off-road vehicle enthusiasts and mountain bikers. Soapstone also offers excellent birding opportunities.
Mill Hollow Reservoir offers rainbow and albino rainbow trout fishing. Canoeing and kayaking are popular activities on the small reservoir.
The 1-mile Lakeshore Trail and 3-mile Mill Hollow Trail offer excellent hiking, with trailheads located in the campground.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
FR281 Kamas UT 84036
For campground inquiries, please call: HEBER RANGER DISTRICT 435-654-0470 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Woodland, Utah, travel 12 miles southeast on State Highway 35. Turn onto Forest Road 054 and travel 2.8 miles to the campground entrance.
- Site 023, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop A, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 027, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 020, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 018, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 019, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 014, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 021, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 024, Loop B, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 016, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 017, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop A, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 022, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop A, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 026, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop A, Type Tent Only Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop A, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 028, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 025, Loop B, Type Standard Nonelectric