Middle Inlet Group Day Use
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Middle Inlet Group Day Use Area is located on the eastern shore of Pineview Reservoir, just 2 miles from Huntsville, Utah. It's a great location for weddings, company picnics and family reunions. Boating, swimming and fishing are popular activities.
This day-use site can accommodate up to 75 people. It offers a large picnic shelter, 12 picnic tables, grills, a dutch oven cooking surface, serving tables, a concrete site pad and large gravel parking area.
Vault toilets are provided. A host is on-site. There is no water so please bring all the water you'll need for your stay.
Need to Know
- There are no electrical, water, or sewer hookups available at this location.
There is no water so please bring all the water you'll need for your stay.
This is a day-use area only; no overnight camping allowed.
No pets allowed.
No boat ramp on-site; a separate fee is collected for boat launching at nearby marinas.
Some first-come, first-served single-family day-use sites are available.
*NO ALCOHOL* at day use areas or beaches, fine from law enforcement for violation is $250.00.
Anderson Cove Campground is the only exception.
Please understand that camping is an outdoor experience; therefore, we do not give refunds or credits for weather or natural conditions.
Click here for more info about the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.
For more information, please call Ogden Ranger District at 801-625-5112 or call Utah Recreation Company at 385-273-1100
Visit our webiste www.gocamputah.com or Facebook facebook.com/gocamputah
To reserve a campsite call Recreation.gov reservation line 1-877-444-6777
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
Please note: Utah Recreation Company is not responsible for accident or injury to any person or property resulting from the use of this facility and is not responsible for the loss of money or valuables of any kind. The user of this permit assumes full and complete responsibility for the conduct and actions of all members in his or her party.
Thank you for making a reservation at Middle Inlet Group Day Use Campground! We would love to hear from you. How was your stay (experience)? Our online comment cards help us to easily communicate your valuable feedback to our management team while also saving paper. Please follow the link below to fill out the questionnaire. You can also scan the QR code located on the fee board when you arrive at your destination. You may not know that you do not need a QR scanner; simply take a picture with your phone and follow the instructions. Your phone should have a built in QR scanner. If not, you can download one from your app store. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4933946/Utah-Guest-Comment-Card
From the picnic shelter, visitors are awarded scenic views of Ogden Valley, the surrounding peaks and Pineview Reservoir, which surrounds both sides of the day-use area. Cottonwoods and pines dot the area, offering limited shade in this grassy, open site.
Beautiful Ogden Valley has numerous fishing, hiking, horseback riding and scenic driving opportunities.
Causey Reservoir is 12 miles away, offering great canoeing and fishing, as well as hiking, biking and horseback riding trails.
Pineview offers great boating, swimming, fishing and water skiing opportunities. Boat ramps are located at several locations around the reservoir.
Changes & Cancellations
Change and Cancellation Policies and Fees
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: To ensure fairness, reservation arrival or departure dates may not be changed beyond the booking window until 18 days after booking the reservation.
- Camping / Day Use: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation (including campsites, cabins, lookouts, group facilities, etc.). The $10.00 service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can cancel or change reservations through Recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Overnight and Day Use Facilities: Late cancellations are those cancelled between 12:01 a.m. (Eastern) on the day before arrival and check out time on the day after arrival.
- Individual Campsites: If a customer cancels a reservation the day before or on the day of arrival they will be charged a $10.00 service fee and will also forfeit the first night's use fee (not to exceed the total paid for the original reservation). Cancellations for a single night's reservation will forfeit the entire use fee but no cancellation fee will apply.
- Cabins / Lookouts: Customers will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee and forfeit the first night's use fee if a cabin or lookout reservation is cancelled within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Facility: If a customer cancels a group overnight facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date they will be charged the $10.00 service fee and forfeit the first night's use fee. Cancellations for a single night's use will not be assessed a service fee.
- Group Day Use Area: If a customer cancels a group day use facility reservation within 14 days of the scheduled arrival date, they will forfeit the total day use fee with no service fee charge.
- Camping / Day Use: A camping no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Reserved campsites and group overnight facilities will be held until check-out time on the day following your scheduled arrival. Group day-use facilities will be held until check-in time on your scheduled arrival date.
- If a customer does not arrive at the campground or group facility by check-out time the day after arrival or does not cancel the reservation by the times listed under "Late Cancellations" above, the customer may be assessed a $20.00 service fee and forfeit use fees.
- Customers must request refunds no later than 14 days after the scheduled departure date. Recreation.gov will not grant refund requests after 14 days of departure.
- Reservation Fee: For some facilities, tours or permits an additional reservation fee is charged. For some overnight and day-use facilities, an additional non-refundable reservation fee may apply. The non-refundable reservation fee for tours and tickets is $1.00. The non-refundable reservation fee for permits varies by location.
- Refunds for Bankcard Purchases: Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card.
- Refunds for Check or Cash Purchases: Refunds for Recreation.gov payments made by check or money order, and cash payments at selected campgrounds will be issued a check refund. A refund will be processed within 30 days of receipt and approval. Please Note: Refund requests made during or after departure can only be processed when approved by the facility management staff based upon local policy.
- Refunds for Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team will attempt to notify users and offer alternate dates (as appropriate). If this is not possible, reservations will be cancelled and all fees paid will be refunded. Reservation fees for free tickets are non-refundable in the event of an emergency closure.
Recreation.gov Billing Information
- Reservation transaction will appear on customer's credit card statements as "Recreation.gov 877-444-6777."
Changes to Policies and Procedures
- Recreation.gov reserves the right, when necessary, to modify reservation policies. These policies were last updated July 2018.
564 W 700 S Ste.305, Box #5 Pleasant Grove UT 84062
1017 N 7100 E Huntsville UT 84317
For campground inquiries, please call: OGDEN RANGER DISTRICT 801-625-5112 OR UTAH RECREATION COMPANY 385-273-1100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
Located on the east shore of Pineview Reservoir, the site is on Route 166 north of Huntsville, Utah, about 2 miles north of the peninsula known as Cemetery Point.