River Side (ID - Boise)
Boise National Forest
River Side Campground is located along the Deadwood River at the north end of scenic Deadwood Reservoir at an elevation of 5,300 feet. Boating, fishing and hiking are popular activities.
This primitive campground offers waterfront sites with direct river access. A vault toilet is located up a hill above the campground. Drinking water is provided. Roads and parking spurs within the site are dirt.
Need to Know
- Idaho OHV Safety Message
- Additional vehicles may be subject to parking fees
- Some first-come, first-served sites may be available
- Electric hookups are not available
- Please contact the Lowman Ranger District at 208- 259-3361 for off-season camping information
- Click here for more information on the Boise National Forest
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
The campground is situated in a mixed-growth pine forest, which offers plentiful shade. Summer wildflowers are abundant. The entire campground affords views of the river.
Because of its remote location, Deadwood Reservoir is quiet and unpopulated, making for great fishing for Atlantic, Chinook and Kokanee salmon, and rainbow and cutthroat trout. Boating, water skiing, canoeing and kayaking are popular on the lake. A boat ramp is located about 2 miles away at Cozy Cove Campground.
Many trails for hiking, mountain biking, horseback and off-road vehicle riding are in the area.
7359 HWY 21 LOWMAN ID 83637
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Boise, Idaho, take State Highway 55 north. At Banks, take Highway 17/Banks-Lowman Highway east to Lowman. Turn left on Highway 21. Continue along Highway 17 over Banner Summit. Turn west on Forest Road 579. Continue on FR 579 to Deadwood Resevoir.
- Site 002, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop RIVER SIDE (BOISE), Type Standard Nonelectric