Boise National Forest
Barneys Campground is located on the northeast shore of scenic Deadwood Reservoir at an elevation of 5,300 feet. Boating, fishing and hiking are popular activities at this site.
Please click here
for further information about the facility and recreation opportunities in the area.
This primitive campground offers waterfront sites with direct shoreline access. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided, but there is no electricity. Roads and parking spurs within the site are dirt.
Need to Know
- Idaho OHV Safety Message
- Additional vehicles may be subject to parking fees
- Some first come, first served sites may be available
- Please contact the Lowman Ranger District at 208- 259-3361 for off-season camping information
- Click here for more information on the Boise National Forest
- Don't Move Firewood: Help prevent the spread of tree-killing pests in our national forests by obtaining firewood near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
The campground is situated in a mixed-growth pine forest, which offers plentiful shade. Summer wildflowers are abundant. The entire campground affords views of the reservoir.
Because of its remote location, Deadwood Reservoir is quiet and unpopulated, making for great fishing for Atlantic, Chinook and Kokanee salmon, and rainbow and cutthroat trout. Boating, water skiing, canoeing and kayaking are popular on the lake. A boat ramp is located about 2 miles away at Cozy Cove Campground.
Many trails for hiking, mountain biking, horseback and ATV riding are in the area.
7359 HIGHWAY 21 LOWMAN ID 83637
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Boise, Idaho, take State Highway 55 north. At Banks, take Highway 17 east (Banks-Lowman Highway) to Lowman. Turn left on Highway 21. Continue along Highway 17 over Banner Summit. Turn west on Forest Road 579. Continue on FR 579 to Deadwood Reservoir.
- Site 004, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop BARNEYS , Type Standard Nonelectric