Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests Pawnee Ng
Stove Prairie Campground is located on the Cache la Poudre River, 26 miles northwest of Fort Collins, in north central Colorado. Visitors enjoy the area for its great rafting, fishing and hiking opportunities.
The campground offers eight accessible, single-family campsites. Four sites are walk-to tent sites. Each site is equipped with a 12-by-15 tent pad, table and campfire ring with grill.
Accessible vault toilets are provided. Dead and downed firewood may be gathered in the surrounding forest, or purchased from the campground host.
Need to Know
- No RV water connections are available.
- This is bear country! For bear and human safety, keep a clean campsite and do not place food or other attractants in your tent. For more information about visiting bear country, contact Colorado Parks and Wildlife at http://wildlife.state.co.us
- Utility hookups are not available
- Off-road vehicle use use is prohibited within the campground
- Sites may be available on a first-come, first-served basis before and after the reservation season
- Click here for more information on the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests
- Operated by American Land & Leisure. You may contact us at www.AmericanLL.com or 801-226-3564.
- Come with your RV/trailer water tank filled. Filling at campground hydrants cross-contaminates the system and is not allowed.
- Don't Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visit dontmovefirewood.org.
- ONLY 8 people allowed per sit. Check-in with host at Ansel Watrous prior to setting up camp.
The canyon's vegetation varies from dense forests to open meadows, surrounded by steep mountains. The campground is situated among ponderosa pine and aspen trees on the banks of the Cache la Poudre River, Colorado's first National Wild and Scenic River.
The Cache la Poudre River offers whitewater rafting and fishing. Anglers cast for brown, cutthroat and rainbow trout.
Hiking, biking and horseback riding trails are in the surrounding area, including the Mt. McConnel Trail, William R. Kreutzer National Recreation Trail and Young Gulch Trail.
Other popular activities include birding and wildlife viewing.
BELLVUE CO 80634
For campground inquiries, please call: 970-295-6700
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Fort Collins, take Highway 14 northwest for 26 miles, to the campground.
- Site 007, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 004, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Walk To
- Site 002, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Walk To
- Site 005, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Walk To
- Site 003, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Walk To
- Site 008, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop STOVE PRAIRIE , Type Standard Nonelectric