Fiddle Creek Campground is located alongside the North Yuba River, just off Highway 49, about 12 miles from Downieville. Visitors enjoy a wide variety of recreational activities in the area, including hiking, hunting, fishing and mountain biking. This facility is operated and maintained by the Tahoe National Forest.
The campground offers several single-family sites, all of which are designated for tent camping only. Each site is equipped with a picnic table, campfire ring and bearproof food locker. Vault toilets and drinking water are provided. While located close to the parking areas, campsites cannot be directly accessed by motor vehicles.
Flatten the Curve
Maintaining social distance of 6ft or more when walking, hiking, jogging or biking.
• Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
• Do not gather in groups.
• Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
Remember to bring soap & hand sanitizer.
• Clean your hands often.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
STAY HOME IF YOU’RE SICK.
Wear a cloth face covering in public.
Cover coughs and sneezes.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Before traveling please check for local advisories:
For more information on Corona Virus visit:
No Show Policy
A no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time on the day after the scheduled arrival date (or for day-use facilities, by check-in time the day of arrival).
* No-show customers are only recorded at staffed facilities. At most remote facilities, all customers are noted as automatically checked-in on the date of arrival.
* It is recommended that staffed facilities hold a campsite until check-out time on the day following the arrival date.
* It is recommended that staffed facilities hold group day-use facilities until check-in time on the arrival date.
There is no change fee if a customer extends or shortens a reservation if the change includes dates from the original reservation. If they choose to depart early, they may forfeit some or all of the recreation fees.
There is no change fee if the customer changes campsites that are the same price and on the same reservation dates in the same campground. If the campsite the customer is changing to has a price difference, the customer will be responsible for any additional fees or be provided with a refund, based on the price difference.
Where recorded, no-show customers are assessed a $20.00 no-show fee and forfeit the first night's recreation fee for a campsite or forfeit the entire day-use recreation fee for a day-use facility. We recommend customers contact the facility if they are en route to their reservation but cannot make it by the check-in date. In these cases, no refund will be issued, but the facility can ensure that a "no-show" fee is not assessed.
The campground stretches along the north bank of the North Yuba River. Stands of oak, maple, locust and pine trees covers the area providing ample shade at this location.
The North Yuba River offers swimming, wading and rainbow trout fishing. Seasonal rafting, kayaking and tubing are popular water activities. Hiking and hunting are available in the surrounding area. A network of trails crisscrosses the surrounding area. A footbridge accessing the North Yuba Trail is located at nearby Rocky Rest Campground.
YUBA RIVER RANGER STATION THIS IS THE ADDRESS FOR THE RANGER STATION, NOT THE CAMPGROUND 15924 HIGHWAY 49 Camptonville CA 95922
For campground inquiries, please call: (530)478-6253
From Downieville, travel south on Highway 49 for about 12 miles. The campground is on the left side of the highway.