Frissell Crossing Campground
Willamette National Forest
This beautiful and quiet campground lies on the South Fork of the McKenzie River and was originally constructed in 1934 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. It is located well away from the main road and some of the sites spread around an open meadow.
This developed facility has vault toilets, fire rings, picnic tables, garbage collection, and hand-pumped drinking water.
Notifications and Alerts
FS 19 Rd/Aufderhyde Road is temporarily closed at the dam due to emergency road work. This means it cannot be accessed from Hwy 126 from the north. Terwilliger Hot Springs and the campgrounds along FS 19 Rd can be accessed from 2 alternate roads.
- Access can be made from the south on FS 19 Rd from Westfir. From Westfir, this choice is approximately 55 miles of winding road.
- Access can be made on FS 500 Rd on the east side of Cougar Reservoir by entering from FS 19 Rd and turning left at the dam onto FS 500. This choice will bring you out by Slide Creek Campground This road (FS 500) is dirt and gravel, very rough in spots. Caution: This choice is not recommended for recreational vehicles, very slow going, lots of potholes and ruts.
If you have questions on these alternate routes, call 541-854-0718 for clarification.
If you prefer to cancel, call 801-226-3564 xt 15 or email Claudia@americanLL.com.
- Stage 2 fire restrictions are currently in effect that prohibit all fires. Generators and fires or stoves that use liquid petroleum (LPG) fuels are permitted, but must follow specific rules.
The tap water is currently orange/brown in color due to minerals in the water. It has been tested and is safe for drinking.
Need to Know
- No electric hook-ups at this facility
- This facility has first-come, first-served sites
- Limit one vehicle per campsite; a fee will be charged for additional vehicles
- Click here for more information on Willamette National Forest
This facility is operated by American Land & Leisure. Comment cards are available from staff or at www.AmericanLL.com
- Don't Move Firewood: Please protect Pacific Northwest forests by preventing the spread of invasive species. Firewood can carry insects and diseases that can threaten the health of our western forests. You can make a difference by obtaining and burning your firewood near your camping destination. Visit Dontmovefirewood.org for further information.
- No discharging firearms, possession of fireworks or use of chainsaws allowed
- Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from the area after eating
Be sure to reserve a site that will accommodate your equipment. The site you reserve is your site. You man not move to another site.
Located on the Willamette National Forest, Frissell Crossing campground resides at 2,600 feet in elevation with creek access. Douglas fir, rhododendrons, and vine maple surround this serene retreat.
Hot springs and trailheads with opportunities for hiking and mountain biking are within 10 miles of the campground.
Opportunities abound in this beautiful forest setting for hiking, biking, fishing, swimming and nature viewing. The Three Sisters Wilderness Area, Box Canyon Trail, Mink Lake Basin Trail, Box Canyon Horse Camp, Terwilliger Hot Springs, and Cougar Lake Reservoir are of the many assets to this area.
57600 McKenzie Highway McKenzie Bridge OR 97413
For campground inquiries, please call: 801-226-3564
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Blue River, OR, travel 4 miles east on Highway 126 to Aufderheide Drive (Forest Service Road 19).
Turn right on Aufderheide Drive and continue south about 3/4 mile. Veer right at the Y and continue 20 miles to Frissell Crossing Campground.
- Site 06, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 11, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 05, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 03, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 04, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 01, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING CAMPGROUND, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 07, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 08, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 09, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 10, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 02, Loop FRISSELL CROSSING, Type Standard Nonelectric