Round Lake Campground offers a scenic, rustic, wooded camping area offering a wide variety of recreation opportunities in the Huron-Manistee National Forest in Michigan.
Round Lake Campground has 33 sites in two camping loops. Approximately a quarter of the sites in this campground have access to water. Amenities at the campground include vault toilets and garbage service along with picnic tables and campfire rings at each campsite.
Your permit is subject to forfeit and a violation notice may be issued for failing to follow these rules:
• Occupancy limits apply to your site
• Keep all camping equipment and vehicles within your designated camp site.
• Keep all vehicles, trailers and RVs on camping spur.
• You must occupy your site within 24 hours of the start of your reservation. Contact the Forest Service to request a late arrival or your site may be forfeited.
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM, and keep noise reasonable all other times.
• Pets must be on leash or under voice command at all times.
• If potable water is available at your site, please be sure to wash your dishes and clothes away from the water source. If watering livestock or pets, please water them away from the water source. This will help protect the water source from contamination.
• Pack it in, pack it out. Leave the site clean for the next campers. Do not leave trash in fire rings, and do not burry or burn trash or recyclables.
• Be careful with fire. Do NOT leave hot campfires unattended. Make sure your ashes are cool to the touch before you leave.
• You may use downed wood for firewood. Keep fires within the fire ring.
• Fireworks and use of fireworks are NOT permitted.
• Do not tie/tack anything to standing trees, including (but not limited to) horses, pets, laundry lines, garbage bags.
• ORV’s may only be operated on trails signed as open for their use. ORV’s may not be used within campgrounds.
• Don't move firewood: To limit the spread of invasive tree-killing pests, firewood from outside the area is not permitted. Some states have quarantines and may confiscate your firewood. Please help protect our forests from invasive species by obtaining your firewood at or near your camping destination and burning it on-site. Visit dontmovefirewood.org for more information
• Other rules and regulations apply. For questions, late arrivals, or early departures please contact Lumberman’s Monument at 989-362-8961, or visit the Huron-Manistee National Forests website www.fs.usda.gov/hmnf.
Round Lake's 91-acres is mostly surrounded by private land. Round Lake Campground provides the only public access to the lake.
Nearby Sand Lake Picnic and Swimming Area are located on the 248-acre Sand Lake. The beach and picnic area provide the only public access to Sand Lake.
The campground is located in the village of Sand Lake, MI and groceries and fuel are nearby. Lumberman's Monument Visitor's Center is less than 15 miles from the campground. There are hiking trails nearby, a picnic day use area on nearby Sand Lake, bird watching, and hunting opportunities.
There is a wide variety of recreational opportunities located in and around the campground. Anglers can fish for sunfish, bass and pike while campers can relax at the sandy beach. The campground has a gravel boat ramp.
2180 Latham Road National City MI 48748
For campground inquiries, please call: 989-739-0728
From the west, leave M-55 approximately 6 miles east of its intersection with M-65, turn north on Sand Lake Road for 3 miles to Indian Lake Road. Turn left and travel 2.5 miles to Latham Road, then left for 1/2 mile.
From the east, leave M-55 at its intersection with Plank Road near Tawas City and follow Plank Road for 7 miles. Curve left on Indian Lake Road for 1/4 mile, then turn right on Latham Road for 1/2 mile.