Bridal Veil Group Area And Picnic Ground
Eldorado National Forest
Bridal Veil Group Campsite and Picnic Area is located on the South Fork of the American River. It offers picnicking sites, a group overnight area, beautiful swimming holes, and close access to fishing.
Bridal Veil Group Area is on a hill overlooking the river and day use area. The group area includes lot-style parking with 7 parking stalls, 5 tent pads, 8 picnic tables, 6 serving tables, and a large group fire ring. Group campsite users may use the day use areas with no additional fees. None of the facility is accessible. There is no water available on site. The facility has a host on site from mid-May through mid-October.
Need to Know
- Bears frequent the area so be prepared to store food to discourage having unwanted guests.
- The gate to Bridal Veil closes at 8 pm and does not open until 10 am. All overnight guests need to arrive onsite before 8 pm.
- Bring your own water.
Sitting at an elevation of 3,200 feet, Bridal Veil group campsite provides easy access to the American River. A Mediterranean climate extends over most of this forest, creating warm, dry summers, and cold, wet winters. Vegetation is mixed conifers with riparian vegetation along the river.
Visitors enjoy scenic drives along Highway 50 and surrounding forest roads. The site is within a half hour drive of both Jenkinson Lake and Crystal Basin. It is 10 minutes from the stores and restaurants of Pollock Pines and 5 minutes from Bridal Veil Falls. South Lake Tahoe is a 45 minute drive.
This site provides two large swimming holes in the river that are popular with the local residents. Fishing is also a popular activity, mainly rainbow and brown trout.
Changes & Cancellations
- Recreation Fee: Recreation fees are the fees a visitor pays for things like overnight camping, a day-use pavilion, group facilities, a tour or a permit. Recreation fees vary by location and/or activity.
- Reservation Fee: A fee may be charged at the time a reservation is made to cover the cost of reservation services. This fee is in addition to the Recreation Fee and is non-refundable. Fees for camping, day use, group sites, cabins and lookouts: $8 if made on-line; $9 if made through the call center; $3 if made in-person.
- Change Fee: A service fee may be charged at the time a modification is made depending on the changes.
- Cancellation Fee: Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee..
- Cut-Off Window: The latest date and/or time that you can make an advanced reservation or a change to an existing reservation. Cut-off windows can vary by location, but are typically 14 days before your arrival date.
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation too close to the start date, additional service fees may be withheld.
4260 EIGHT MILE ROAD CAMINO CA 95709
For campground inquiries, please call: 831-245-6891
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Placerville, take Hwy 50 east for 17 miles. The site is on the South Fork of the American River.