Goose Island Group Sites
Moab Daily River
The two sites at Goose Island are ideal for groups wishing to be close to the town of Moab and Arches National Park. The area offers outdoor enthusiasts many options for hiking, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and four-wheel drive tours. The town of Moab is 10 minutes away and has dining, shopping, sports rentals, tour companies and museums.
The group sites have fire grates, picnic tables, vault toilets and shade shelters. The group sites do not have water, dump stations or electric hook-ups. When you enter Goose Island the group sites are at the far end of the loop past the individual sites.
Need to Know
- Gusty winds are possible so always secure your tents and camping gear.
- Ravens, chipmunks and other wildlife frequent the sites; store food securely.
- Summer thunderstorms can cause flash flooding and gusty winds; stay aware of current weather.
- Annual, Senior and Access passes do not apply to group site fees.
- There are no showers, electricity, dump stations or drinking water at these sites, but they are available in the town of Moab.
- Generator hours are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
Wedding ceremonies and receptions require a Letter of Acknowledgement from the Moab Field Office. Call 435-259-2100 for more information.
Reservation calendars are posted weekly on the kiosk near the fee tube or adjacent to the group site.
No amplified music.
Goose Island is beside the Colorado River with cottonwood trees providing much sought after shade in the desert and striking canyon views. Across the river, the red cliffs of Arches National Park glow in the afternoon light.
Goose Island is only 10 minutes from Arches National Park. Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park are within a half-hour drive. For people looking for guided tours or rentals, the town of Moab is only five minutes away.
From Goose Island Campground, a paved bicycle trail leads to Arches National Park, the Bar M Mountain Bike Trailhead, the town of Moab, or up State Route (SR) 128 along the Colorado River. Arches and Canyonlands National Parks are nearby and have many scenic overlooks, hiking trails, and four-wheel drive roads. The SR 128 river corridor is filled with red rock canyons, hiking and equestrian trails, river access and activites, and scenic vistas.
Changes & Cancellations
Please contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance with changes and cancellations at 435-259-2100.
Cancelling a Reservation
Customers may cancel their reservation prior to arrival both on-line and through the call center (using the call center incurs an additional fee). You may also contact the BLM Moab Field Office for assistance. A $10 service fee will be withheld from any refund for a cancellation. Depending on when you cancel in relation to your arrival day, it may be considered a late cancellation (see below).
Changing an Existing Reservation: When changes are made prior to the cut-off window
- If a customer wants to switch dates that are entirely outside of the original reservation dates, there is a $10 change fee.
- There is no change fee if a customer extends or shortens a reservation, as long as the change includes dates from the original reservation. If they choose to depart early, they may forfeit the recreation fee for the day of departure.
- There is no change fee if the customer wants to switch sites that are the same price with the same reservation dates in the same facility.
- For reservations made that include dates at the end of the available booking window (also known as the sliding window), you are not able to make changes or cancel your reservation until the site is available to the general public for four days.
Late Cancellations or Cancellations within the Cut-off Window
- Customers who cancel a group overnight facility reservation less than 14 days before the arrival date will pay a $10.00 service fee AND forfeit the first night's use fee.
- Changes or Cancellations within the Cut-off Window: Once a reservation date has begun, customers cannot change a reservation using the online system or through the Call Center, however, the BLM Moab Field Office may be able to assist you.
A no-show customer is one who does not arrive at a campground and does not cancel the reservation by check-out time (Noon) on the day after the scheduled arrival date. Staff will hold a campsite until check-out time (Noon) on the day following the arrival date. No-shows are assessed $20.00 Recreation.gov service fee and forfeit the first night’s recreation fee.
- If a customer departs prior to the scheduled check-out date, they may be eligible for a partial refund.
- Please notify the BLM Moab Field Office if you depart early to allow others to use the site.
- If a customer requests a refund for an early departure after the facility check-out time has passed, the customer will not be refunded for that night and is eligible for a refund on any additional nights that will not be used.
Interagency Pass Discounts
Pass discounts only apply to individual campsites. Interagency Pass discounts do not apply to group reservations.
- Customers may submit a refund request through their Recreation.gov profile within 7 days of the end date of their reservation.
- Fees: Applicable fees, such as the Recreation.gov reservation fees, service/cancellation fees, lottery application fees, and change fees, are non-refundable.
- Debit or Credit Card Purchases: Refunds for debit or credit card payments made after October 1, 2018 will be issued as a credit to the original bank or credit card used to pay. In the event that a customer has cancelled this card, they will need to contact their card company to have the funds released. We cannot issue refunds to any card other than the one used to pay. If a customer paid with a debit or credit card prior to October 1, 2018 their refund will be issued in the form of a Treasury check.
- Emergency Closures: In the event of an emergency closure, the Recreation.gov team or facility manager will refund all fees and will attempt to notify you using the contact information within your Recreation.gov customer profile.
MOAB FIELD OFFICE 82 E. DOGWOOD AVE. Moab UT 84532
For campground inquiries, please call: 435-259-2100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Moab, drive north on Highway 191 to the junction of State Route 128. Drive two miles on SR 128 to the entrance to Goose Island campground. The group sites are at the far end of the campground.