Corbin'S Island Picnic Shelter
Corbin's Island Recreation Area is located at the northern end of Raystown Lake, just downstream from the Raystown Dam. The recreation area is easily accessible from US Route 22 and offers a great location for picnicking, fishing, and floating down the river.
Corbin's Island offers one group shelter with approximately 10 tables and 20-amp electrical service. It is fully accessible and comfortably accommodates up to 80 people in a lovely river setting.
Need to Know
- Picnic shelter hours are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Please refer to list of amenities at shelter sites listed in 'Site Details.'
- Restrooms and dumpsters are provided at each shelter.
- Trash containers are not provided at the shelter but are available in the adjacent parking lots. Your group is responsible for cleaning up the shelter area (including removal of decorations, tacks and tape), grills, and proper placement of picnic tables prior to your departure. Contact the Ranger Office at 814-658-6809 for additional information on how to proceed with this request.
- Please bring your conformation letter the day of your reservation.
- Please obey all speed limits. Drive carefully and watch for children.
- Pets are permitted but must be penned, caged, on a leash under six feet in length or otherwise be physically restrained.
Corbin's Island is situated along the shady banks of the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River. Nearby access to the cool, flowing waters of the Raystown Branch makes this shelter a great place to picnic, fish and float the river all in one day.
The area offers Snyder's Run Boat Launch, Seven Points Recreation Area, Seven Points Marina and access to downtown Huntingdon.
Raystown Dam, Ridenour Overlook and Hawn's Overlook are three beautiful overlook areas that are within a 10 minute drive from Corbin's Island. A boat ramp within the facility provides access for small fishing boats, kayaks, canoes and tubes.
6145 Seven Points Rd. Hesston PA 16647
For campground inquiries, please call: 814-658-3405
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Huntingdon follow Route 22 eastbound and turn right onto Point Road just past the Giant Food Store. Continue on Point Road (staying left) approximately 6.3 miles. The Corbin's Island access will be on your left.