Rocky Bend Group Campground
Siuslaw National Forest
Nestled on the banks of the Nestucca River, Rocky Bend Group Campground is ideal for family gatherings and group events. The site is located on Upper Nestucca River Road 16 miles east of Beaver, Oregon. This group camp offers a picturesque setting, with plenty of recreation opportunity.
Group site can accomodate up to 25 visitors. Sufficient parking for 3 to 4 RVs or trailers, and 3 to 5 vehicles. The site offers 5 picnic tables, a large fire ring, vault toilet, garbage dumpster and easy access to Nestucca River.
Need to Know
We’re pleased to welcome visitors back to Siuslaw National Forest campgrounds.
For your safety, and the safety of other visitors and our staff, please follow these guidelines to ensure recreation sites remain open:
- Please follow State of Oregon guidelines by maintaining physical distance of at least six (6) feet per person except among members of the same household or campsite.
- Each campsite or group site has a designated maximum number of people allowed. Campers must adhere to these limits.
- To adhere to State of Oregon gathering size limits, groups of people congregating in the same area together, including outdoors, should not exceed 10 members of the same household or party.
- Restrooms that are open are generally cleaned and disinfected at least once daily at the more popular campgrounds and day use sites, and once to three times a week at other sites.
- A good portion of your safety relies on you, since any public facility is only as clean as the last person who used it. For your own safety, please bring your own soap, sanitizer, and disinfectant.
- We encourage visitors to wear facial coverings when interacting with other visitors, volunteer campground hosts, and Forest Service staff.
- Please try and provide adequate physical distancing while using trails, parking lots, and restrooms. Avoid congregating in large groups of people.
- Be prepared to find services at other sites you might visit, including restrooms and trash collection, limited or unavailable. Please protect and respect your public lands and pack out your waste and trash.
We will continue to monitor and evaluate safety conditions at our recreation sites and dispersed areas and will modify our plans as needed. The ability to maintain sites and provide services depends on workforce capacity and availability of personal protective equipment.
For current information, please visit:
Siuslaw National Forest: www.fs.usda.gov/siuslaw
State of Oregon: govstatus.egov.com/or-covid-19
Oregon Health Authority: govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19
Stay safe and enjoy your visit!
- The site is not staffed and is located behind a locked gate. Campers need to contact the Hebo Ranger District office at (503)392-5100 during normal business hours (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) to obtain the combination for the gate lock. Please have your reservation confirmation number available when you call.
- Group site must be reserved in advance; no walk-up sites available
- There is no running water on site.
- There is no electricity.
- Garbage service is available.
- Group site maximum capacity 25
Enjoy the Nestucca River, surrounded by Oregon's coastal mountain range.
- The campground is along the Nestucca Country Scenic Byway
- Niagara Trailhead is nearby, which leads to Niagara and Pheasant Creek Falls
- Clarence Creek Falls
Anglers enjoy casting a line into the Nestucca River, where steelhead and salmon can be caught during open fishing season. The campground is near hiking trails and waterfalls.
31525 HIGHWAY 22 HEBO OR 97108
For campground inquiries, please call: 503-392-5100
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Hebo, Oregon, travel north on Highway 101 four miles to Beaver, Oregon and turn on Blaine Road for 6 miles. Turn right on Upper Nestucca River Road and follow for 10 miles. Site is on the right.