The Tailwater #1 Shelter is located at the base of the Brookville Lake Dam. Visitors enjoy this site for the accessibility to cold water trout fishing in the tailwater and the river access. Shelter #1 is a day use area only. There is no camping allowed at this site.
The Tailwater #1 Shelter is located near a modern indoor restroom. Electric plug-ins, a water spigot/fountain, and cooking grill are provided with the reservation. Shelter #1 is located near a volleyball court and a playground. Capacity for parking at this site is limited to 98 available parking spaces.
If you are looking to camp, reservations can be made with three areas at Brookville Lake including Quakertown State Recreation Area, Mounds State Recreation Area, and Whitewater Memorial State Park online at https://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/welcome.do
1. NO paint or sidewalk chalk.
2. NO tape on ANY painted surfaces.
3. NO nails, tacks, or staples on ANY wood surfaces.
4. NO tabletop grills.
5. NO overnight camping.
6. NO sub-renting, charging admission or soliciting.
7. NO water balloons.
8. ALL decorations must be removed, before leaving the shelter.
9. IF picnic tables are moved, please move them back to their original location.
10. NO open flames at shelters other than in the grills.
11. ALL pets must be on a leash at all times, and all animal waste must be desposed of.
12. NO confetti or other small plastic like decorative materials.
13. ALL trash that does not fit in cans provided must be carried out.
To see a digital copy of title 36, please click the link below.
Tailwater #1 Shelter is located at the base of the Brookville Lake Dam with excellent trout fishing in the tailwater and has access to the Whitewater River.
Brookville Lake offers 51 miles of hiking, excellent boating, water skiing, canoeing, and kayaking. Brookville's recreation facilities include beaches, boat ramps, campgrounds, fishing piers, an 18 hole golf course, loging, marinas, picnic areas, playgrounds, restaurants, shooting & archery ranges, and trout fishing in the tailwater.
Brookville Lake offers excellent boating, water skiing, canoeing, and kayaking opportunities. Canoeing, kayaking, and rafting are popular activities in the Whitewater River located directly below the dam. Other recreation opportunities at the lake include hiking, swimming, camping, fishing, hunting, cabin and boat rentals, gun and archery ranges, and horseback riding. The Overlook Shelter is located a short drive away from the Brookville Visitor Center which offers exhibits, history, and information about the lake and the Corps missions in the Ohio Valley.
10064 Overlook Road Brookville IN 47012
9136 SR101 Brookville IN 47012
For campground inquiries, please call: (765) 647-6701
From I-74 head west on Highway 52 for 15 miles to Brookville. Continue to State Route 101 North following signs to the Tailwater.