Davy Brown Campground
Los Padres National Forest
Nestled on beautiful Figueroa Mountain, this charming campground sits alongside the serenely flowing Davy Brown Creek. Close to Santa Barbara, Davy Brown Campground offers some of the most tranquil camping in the Los Padres National Forest. The soothing sounds of the running creek can be heard from all campsites, making this campground a favorite for those planning a peaceful and relaxing get-away.
Davy Brown Campground has 13 scenic and picturesque campsites. Each campsite is equipped with fire rings, pedestal barbeques and a picnic table. There are two vault bathrooms (wheelchair accessible) spaced strategically throughout the campground. Davy Brown Campground can accommodate RVs up to 25 ft. long; hook-ups are not available. Three dumpsters are located on Figueroa Mountain Road for convenient trash disposal; none are available at this site. There is no drinking water at this site; please bring your own water.
Notifications and Alerts
- Stage 2 fire restrictions are currently in effect that prohibit all fires.
Need to Know
- Camping fee includes 1 vehicle and 1 tent, trailer or RV.
- $10 fee for each extra vehicle.
- No drinking water available.
- No public showers in the region.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- The nearest stores and gas are a 35 minute drive to Los Olivios along Hwy. 154.
- No cell service at the campground.
- Avoid hiking alone. Tell someone where you plan to go and then stick to your plans.
- Avoid unnecessary risk - help for emergencies is miles away.
- Carry a first aid kit and other safety gear with you when hiking.
- Nights are often cold, even during the summer months; jackets and sweaters are recommended.
- Bring gnat/mosquito repellent during spring/summer/fall.
- 2-night minimum stay on weekends.
- 3-night minimum stay on holidays.
Davy Brown Campground is surrounded and shaded by mountains covered with valley oak, blue oak, live oak, and gray pine. The companion shrub species include manzanita, coffeeberry and redberry. A soothing creek offers diminutive waterfalls and invigorating swimming holes. Birds such as king-fishers, juncos, Stellar jays, white-breasted nuthatches, warblers and many more also make their home here.
Davy Brown Campground is the starting point for several trails, including the spectacular Davy Brown/Fir Canyon Trail. Two miles further are the Lower Manzana and Upper Manzana trailheads, entry points to the majestic San Rafael Wilderness. Los Olivios, Santa Ynez, Solvang and Buelton are within an hour's drive.
On hot summer days, the creek provides relief as visitors splash in the water holes located along the creek. Migrating birds, such as the exquisite western tanager, are often seen from spring to August. There are ample trails to hike, or mountain bike. From mid-August to late September, this campground is very popular with hunters during the annual deer season.
For campground inquiries, please call: 805 434 1996
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
To get there from Hwy. 154: Take the Armour Ranch Road/Happy Canyon Road 11 miles northeast to Cachuma Saddle, Sunset Valley Road, then 4 miles north.
- Site 004, Loop Loop 1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 010, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 005, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 009, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 013, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 012, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 001, Loop Loop 1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 011, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 008, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 006, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 002, Loop Loop 1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 003, Loop Loop 1, Type Standard Nonelectric
- Site 007, Loop Loop 2, Type Standard Nonelectric