Turkey Flat Ohv Staging Area
Los Padres National Forest
This facility does not accept reservations.
Open daily and year-round, Turkey Flat Campground has an open area of campsites that include picnic tables and two vault toilets. You should plan to be completely self-sustainable for the duration of your trip. There is no potable water (drinking water) onsite. There is no dump station. Near the fee/information boards is a staging area to offload gear.
Need to Know
- Camping fee includes 1 vehicle and 1 tent, trailer or RV.
- $10 fee for each extra vehicle.
- No drinking water is available.
- Pets are allowed.
- No public showers in the region.
- Please bring garbage bags. This facility is 'Pack it in. Pack it out.'
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- The nearest stores and gas are 20 miles away in Santa Margarita.
- Sporadic cell service can be found nearby.
- The trailhead and day use area is open all year. However, area could be closed at times during rainy season to protect roads and trails.
- Don't ride alone. Tell someone where you plan to go and then stick to your plans.
- Make sure you have a first aid kit and other safety gear with you when riding.
- Bring your gnat/mosquito repellent in Spring/Summer/Fall
- Spark arrestors and off-highway vehicle registration required (red sticker required).
- Noise limit 96 db
- 2 night minimum stay on weekends.
- 3 night minimum stay on holidays.
- Click here for more information on Los Padres National Forest
- Don't Move Firewood: Protect California's forests from tree-killing pests by buying your firewood locally and burning it on-site. For more information visit firewood.ca.gov.
Oak, conifer and various chaparral trees dot the landscape in this rider's paradise. The terrain is mostly rocky and hard packed. On a clear day, take in the expansive views of the coastline and the Sierra Mountains, as well as peaks such as Pozo Summit (elevation 2,635 ft.) and Black Mountain (elevation 3,622 ft.).
Hiking trails, biking, fishing and shopping are all within 29 miles of the campground.
Appealing to ATVs, quad runners, dual sports and single track riders, visitors will find access to
45 miles of marked and rated trails geared toward the beginner to experienced rider, and all accessible from your camping spot or the day use staging area. The facility even has a kids track for those beginner riders.
For campground inquiries, please call: 805-434-1996
Learn more about gear rental options for your trip
From Santa Margarita, CA, head northeast on H St toward Margarita Ave. Turn right onto CA-58 E.
Turn left to stay on CA-58 E. Turn right onto Parkhill Rd for 16.miles. Turn left onto Black Mountain Rd/Forest Rte 29S02 Destination will be on the left