Site 006, Loop ANACAPA ISLAND AREA
Channel Islands National Park | Anacapa Island
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Proximity to Water: Island
- Campfire Allowed: No
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Max Num of People: 4
- Min Num of People: 1
- Pets Allowed: No
- Checkin Time: 12:01 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Hike In Distance to Site: 2640
- Site Access: Hike-In
- Min Num of Vehicles: 0
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 0
Need to Know
- Anacapa Island may only be reached by boat. Visitors are required to arrange boat transportation to the island before reserving a campsite. Contact the park's authorized concessioner Island Packers or use your own private boat.
- Camping reservations are required prior to arriving on the island. There are NO walk-ups at this facility.
- There are 7 individual campsites. Max 4-6 people per site.
- Upon arrival, meet ranger at beach, landing dock or campground. However, park staff is not always available on the island. Please have confirmation letter, receipt, or campsite number with you.
- Hike In Distance to Site: 1/4 mile to 1/2 mile. Visitors must carry all their own gear.
- Primitive camping. Tent camping only, no electricity/water/sewer site hook-ups at this campground. Bring low profile tents and extra food for weather delays. No shelter or shade. Picnic table, food storage box, vault toilet provided. Must bring your own water. No stores or services.
- Quiet time is enforced at 10:00 pm.
- Proper food and trash storage is required. Food/Trash storage lockers are provided at each site. Recommend hard-sided container (i.e. action packer) to further protect food/garbage from animals.
- Visitors are required to pack out what they pack in, including garbage.
- No campfires or charcoal fires. Only enclosed gas camp stoves are allowed.
- Smoking is only allowed on the concrete area by the crane at the top of the stairs.
- Avoid contact with deer mice. Hantavirus has been found in island deer mice. For more information visit: https://www.nps.gov/chis/planyourvisit/hantavirus.htm.
- To help prevent the introduction of nonnative species the following items may not be brought to the park: pets; live or potted plants; soil; cut flowers; firewood or any untreated, unfinished wood (including hiking sticks); corrugated boxes; tools or equipment with attached soil; motorized vehicles; bicycles; and single-use plastic grocery bags.
- No fishing in marine reserves. California fishing license and ocean enhancement sticker required to fish outside marine reserves.
- Kayakers: ocean conditions can rapidly change, requiring expert abilities. Ocean kayaking is an inherently dangerous activity. Always check weather and do not kayak beyond your experience level.
- Since Anacapa Island is a cliff island, access to the water is only at the Landing Cove via a dock. There are no other accessible beaches unless you have a watercraft.
- No off- trail hiking is allowed. Portions of trails are subject to closure when Western gulls are nesting from April through August.