Site G003, Loop Group Sites 1-3
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Cataloochee Group Camp
Type: GROUP TENT ONLY AREA NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Min Num of People: 7
- Shade: Full
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Condition Rating: Good
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 25
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Driveway Surface: Gravel
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 5
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground.
- Group site 3: Three Tent Pads Available (one measuring 17' X 17' and two measuring 18' X 33'); Raised Fire Pit and Cooking Grill; 4 Picnic Tables Measuring 8' in Length; Shady Site Adjacent to a Large Field and Accessible to the Creek; Site is in Close to the Restroom Facility. Gravel Path to Large Field and Restroom Facility; 3 Bear Proof Trash Cans Available, 2 Lantern Pole. All tents must be placed on the tent pads provided.