Site GP03, Loop GROUP
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Elkmont Group Camp
Type: GROUP TENT ONLY AREA NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Min Num of People: 7
- Site Access: Hike-In
- Shade: Full
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Condition Rating: Good
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 15
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Small Tent
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 4
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground. Generator use is prohibited in group campsites.
You must check-in with the campground office staff UPON ARRIVAL to complete your reservation. If you arrive after the office is CLOSED for the day then you must check-in with the campground staff the following day between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Failure to check-in with the office staff may forfeit your reservation.
- Food storage regulations are strictly enforced. Partially shaded, 15 person, tents-only, site has 3 picnic tables, lantern holders, a fire ring and standup grill. Parking for 3-4 cars. Nearby bathroom has flush toilets and cold-water sinks. Two tent pads measure 13x13 and 13x25.
Group sites are located on a hill in a private wooded setting. These sites are NOT adjacent to the river. Group camping is limited to tents. Recreational vehicles, trailers, and tent trailers are not allowed in this area. Generator use is prohibited. Food storage regulations are strictly enforced. There are no hookups or showers at this campground. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash and may not be left unattended.
Group Site 3 has a mixture of sun and shade. It is located adjacent to the parking area and surrounded by a beautiful natural area. Group Site 3 has one small (14 feet x14 feet) and one large (12 feet x 20 feet) tent pad and will accommodate 15 people.