Site 008, Loop BIG CREEK CAMPGROUND (GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK)
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Big Creek Campground (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Shade: Full
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Hike In Distance to Site: 100
- Location Rating: Prime
- Max Num of People: 6
- Min Num of People: 1
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Site Rating: Prime
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Small Tent
- Driveway Surface: Gravel
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Min Num of Vehicles: 0
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 12
- Driveway Grade: Slight
- Driveway Length: 18
- Max Num of Vehicles: 1
- Max Vehicle Length: 18
- Tent Pad Length: 16
- Tent Pad Width: 16
- Driveway Entry: Back-In
Need to Know
- This site is Tent Only and is not available for pop ups, truck campers , trailers and motorhomes.
You must walk approximately 100 feet to this site.
Fresh water and a utility sink are available near the restroom facilities.
During the non-peak season no sites are available as the facility is CLOSED for the season.
- A reservation is required to stay at Big Creek Campground. Please make your reservation before driving to the campground as cell phone coverage in Great Smoky Mountains National Park is very limited and there are no provisions to make a reservation once you are at the campground. Reservations are site specific therefore you are REQUIRED to occupy only the site(s) for which you have reserved. To make changes to your reservation you must contact Recreation.gov at 1-877-444-6777 or field staff where available.
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- This is a tent only site located on Big Creek. Have your reservation number available and check in with campground host upon arrival.