Site 001, Loop BIG CREEK CAMPGROUND (GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK)
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Big Creek Campground (Great Smoky Mountains National Park)
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Site Rating: Prime
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Location Rating: Prime
- Hike In Distance to Site: 100
- Max Num of People: 6
- Min Num of People: 1
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Full
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Condition Rating: Good
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Small Tent
- Min Num of Vehicles: 0
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 12
- Driveway Grade: N/A
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Driveway Surface: Gravel
- Max Num of Vehicles: 2
- Max Vehicle Length
- Tent Pad Length: 16
- Tent Pad Width: 16
- Driveway Entry: N/A
- Driveway Length: 0
Need to Know
This is a tent only corner site.
Companion site is 2 for families camping together.
This site is Tent Only and is not available for pop ups, truck campers , trailers and motorhomes.
You must walk approximately 100 feet to this site.
Fresh water and a utility sink are available near the restroom facilities.
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- A reservation is required to stay at Big Creek Campground. Please make your reservation before driving to the campground as cell phone coverage in Great Smoky Mountains National Park is very limited and there are no provisions to make a reservation once you are at the campground. Reservations are site specific therefore you are REQUIRED to occupy only the site(s) for which you have reserved. To make changes to your reservation you must contact Recreation.gov at 1-877-444-6777 or field staff where available.