Site 27, Loop BALSAM MOUNTAIN CAMPGROUND
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Balsam Mountain Campground
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Hike In Distance to Site: 85
- Location Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 6
- Min Num of People: 1
- Site Access: Hike-In
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Yes
- Site Rating: Standard
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Driveway Grade: Slight
- Driveway Length: 17
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 1
- Max Vehicle Length: 15
- Min Num of Vehicles: 0
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 20
- Driveway Entry: Back-In
- Tent Pad Width: 11
- Tent Pad Length: 11
Need to Know
- Balsam Mountain Campground is CLOSED for the season from mid October until Memorial Day annually
Maximum total length for vehicles is 24' due to the narrow campground road
Only campers with slide outs on one side of the unit can camp in Balsam Mountain Campground due to parallel parking and the narrow campground road.
Some tent only sites are walk in only but maximum walking distance from car is 150'.
Sites listed with a moderate slope may not be suitable for RV's and trailers.
- A reservation is required to stay at Balsam Mountain Campground. Please make your reservation before driving to the campground as cell phone coverage in Great Smoky Mountains National Park is very limited and there are no provisions to make a reservation once you are at the campground. Reservations are site specific therefore you are REQUIRED to occupy only the site(s) for which you have reserved. To make changes to your reservation you must contact Recreation.gov at 1-877-444-6777 or field staff where available.
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- No more than two motor vehicles, where designated on site dimensions, or one vehicle with trailer are allowed per campsite.
- This is a walk in tent only site. Parking is available for only one car per campsite and there is no additional parking for an extra vehicle. This site does have a food storage locker. Do not leave food, coolers (empty or full) and scented items unattended. Maximum walking distance to this site is 150'.