Site 201, Loop Group Sites 201-203
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Deep Creek Group Camp
Type: GROUP TENT ONLY AREA NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Proximity to Water: Riverfront
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Condition Rating: Prime
- Min Num of People: 7
- Location Rating: Prime
- Max Num of People: 20
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Full
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Max Num of Vehicles: 4
- Min Num of Vehicles: 1
- Tent Pad Length: 14
- Tent Pad Width: 14
- Driveway Grade: Slight
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground. Generator use is prohibited in group campsites.
- This 20 person, tent-only site has 4 picnic tables, 1 BBQ grill, 1 firering, Restroom is nearby. 5 tent pads (14'X14') with space for 5 large or 10 small tents. Bear proof dumpsters nearby. Site is near Deep Creek. Parking is limited to 4 vehicles, overflow parking is very limited. This is closest to Deep Creek Trail and is the most isolated from the rest of the campground. Site is shaded and wooded.
Food storage regulations are strictly enforced.