Site G12, Loop Generator Use
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Elkmont Campground
Type: STANDARD NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Min Num of People: 1
- Shade: Yes
- Site Rating: Standard
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Proximity to Water: Riverfront
- Site Access: Drive-In
- RV/Motorhome (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Trailer (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Pickup Camper (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Pop up (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Caravan/Camper Van (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Small Tent
- Fifth Wheel (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Vehicle (Max length: 24 ft.)
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Max Num of Vehicles: 2
- Tent Pad Length: 16
- Driveway Entry: Back-in
- Driveway Grade: Slight
- Driveway Length: 40
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Vehicle Length: 24
- Tent Pad Width: 16
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- You must check-in with the campground office staff UPON ARRIVAL to complete your reservation. If you arrive after the office is CLOSED for the day then you must check-in with the campground staff the following day between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Failure to check-in with the office staff may forfeit your reservation.
Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground.
This site is adjacent to the river. Food storage regulations are strictly enforced in this campground. Generator use is allowed at this site between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. There are no hookups or showers at this campground. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash and may not be left unattended.
G-012: The parking/RV pad of site G012 is level with slight undulations. The back of the site slopes down to the river. The tent pad is directly behind the parking/RV pad and is beautifully situated with a river view. This site will accommodate small RVs, tent trailers, or tents.