Site H05, Loop Generator Use
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Elkmont Campground
Type: STANDARD NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Min Num of People: 1
- Shade: Yes
- Site Rating: Standard
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Proximity to Water: Riverfront
- Site Access: Drive-In
- RV/Motorhome (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Trailer (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Pickup Camper (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Pop up (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Caravan/Camper Van (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Small Tent
- Fifth Wheel (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Vehicle (Max length: 35 ft.)
- Max Vehicle Length: 35
- Tent Pad Length: 16
- Tent Pad Width: 16
- Driveway Entry: Back-in
- Driveway Length: 45
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 2
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- You must check-in with the campground office staff UPON ARRIVAL to complete your reservation. If you arrive after the office is CLOSED for the day then you must check-in with the campground staff the following day between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Failure to check-in with the office staff may forfeit your reservation.
Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground.
This site is adjacent to the river. Food storage regulations are strictly enforced in this campground. Generator use is allowed at this site between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. There are no hookups or showers at this campground. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash and may not be left unattended.
H-005: The level parking/RV pad of site H005 makes the site ideal for small to medium RVs. The tent pad of the partly sunny-partly shady site overlooks the river. The table is located on the wrong side for RVs. This is a beautiful site for small to medium RVs, tent trailers, or tents. Campers on this site may experience an intermittent humming noise from the parks wastewater treatment plant, located near this site.