Site K16, Loop Generator Use
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Elkmont Campground
Type: STANDARD NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Site Rating: Standard
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Min Num of People: 1
- Proximity to Water: Riverfront
- Shade: Yes
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Max Num of People: 6
- RV (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Pickup Camper (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Pop up (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Vehicle (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Fifth Wheel (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Large Tent Over 9X12`
- Small Tent
- Caravan/Camper Van (Max length: 12 ft.)
- Driveway Grade: Slight
- Driveway Length: 32
- Max Vehicle Length: 12
- Tent Pad Width: 16
- Driveway Entry: Back-in
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 2
- Tent Pad Length: 16
Need to Know
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- You must check-in with the campground office staff UPON ARRIVAL to complete your reservation. If you arrive after the office is CLOSED for the day then you must check-in with the campground staff the following day between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Failure to check-in with the office staff may forfeit your reservation.
Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground.
- This site is NOT adjacent to the river. If you prefer a RIVERSIDE site, please consult the campground map and choose a different site. Food storage regulations are strictly enforced at this campground. Generator use is totally prohibited at this site. If you anticipate using a generator, please choose a different site. There are no hookups or showers at this campground. Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash and may not be left unattended. This site is very close to the restroom.
This site is adjacent to the river. Food storage regulations are strictly enforced in this campground. Generator use is allowed at this site between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. There are no hookups or showers at this campground. Pets are allowed, but must be kept on a leash and may not be left unattended.
K-016: This shallow site is wedged between the road and the river and adjacent to an open area. The parking/RV pad has a slight uphill slope. The site enjoys a beautiful view of the river. Although the site will accommodate a very small RV or tent trailer, it is best suited for tents.