Site C12, Loop Generator Free loop
Great Smoky Mountains National Park | Cades Cove Campground
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Yes
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Checkout Time: 12:00 PM
- Location Rating: Good
- Checkin Time: 1:00 PM
- Condition Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 6
- Min Num of People: 1
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Double Driveway: Y
- Site Width: 23
- Tent Pad Length: 16
- Tent Pad Width: 16
- Driveway Entry: Back-in
- Driveway Length: 20
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 2
- Site Length: 20
Need to Know
- Generators and the idling of engines to recharge batteries are prohibited in C-Section whenever B-Section is open for camping. When C-Section is the only section open then generators are allowed with restricted hours.
- Caution: Bears and other wildlife frequent the area. All food and equipment used to prepare and store food must be kept in a sealed vehicle or camping unit of solid, non-pliable material AT ALL TIMES when not in use. All scented items, as well as all water containers MUST be stored. Dispose of garbage promptly in dumpsters provided. Unattended or improperly stored coolers, food and/or scented items may be impounded by campground staff. Violators are subject to fines.
- Firewood Restriction: Only heat-treated firewood bundled in its original packing and bearing a certification seal from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) or a state department of agriculture may be brought into the park. This rule is strictly enforced. Campers may also collect dead and down wood in the park for campfires.
- You must check-in with the campground office staff UPON ARRIVAL to complete your reservation. If you arrive after the office is CLOSED for the day then you must check-in with the campground staff the following day between 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Failure to check-in with the office staff may forfeit your reservation.
- There are no showers or electric hook ups in the campground.
This site meets ADA (accessibility) standards and is intended for occupancy by parties at least one member of which has a physical disability. ADA sites in the campground are 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, B33, C12, C31, C48, C50 and C57. Please see the notice at the top of the page regarding use of these sites.
Sites C31 and C57 also offer a 5 amp electrical outlet intended for the purpose of operating medical equipment, e.g. a CPAP machine. See the page for those specific sites regarding information about use of the sites and how to reserve them.
The use of generators is prohibited in areas of the campground that are designated generator free. Generator waivers, which permitted the use of a generator at night to operate medical equipment, are no longer issued in campgrounds that have ADA sites with electricity.
- Tent only site C12 is handicap accessible and has a level, but very short, double-wide concrete parking pad, a tent pad, grill, and picnic table. This site is located near a handicap accessible restroom.