Site WB1, Loop SHERANDO LAKE GROUP PICNIC SHELTER
George Washington & Jefferson National Forest | Sherando Lake Group Picnic Shelter
Type: GROUP SHELTER NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Min Num of People: 10
- Shade: Full
- Max Num of People: 50
- Driveway Surface: Gravel
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 40
- Max Vehicle Length: 1
Need to Know
- Alcohol is not permitted at the Group Picnic Shelter.
- Electric troll motors, canoes, kayaks or similar boats are allowed on the Lake Lake - no gasoline motor powered boats. Lifejackets are required for all boaters.
- No live music or sound systems.
- The main gate on State Route 664 closes at 10 pm and reopens at 6 am. The day use area closes at 9 pm or dusk, whichever comes first. Visitors not camping overnight need to exit the area before the main gate closes at 10 pm.
- Users at the group picnic shelter are still responsible for the regular day use fee, charged per car, and payable upon arrival at the recreation area. Group organizers may NOT pay for event attendees after the event has concluded.