Site 097, Loop HAU
Siuslaw National Forest | Hauser Sand Camping
Type: TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Max Num of People: 20
- Min Num of People: 1
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Campfire Allowed: Yes
- Capacity/Size Rating: Single
- Checkin Time: 2:00 PM
- Checkout Time: 1:00 PM
- Is Equipment Mandatory: Yes
- Max Num of Vehicles: 5
- Max Vehicle Length: 100
Need to Know
No on-site facilities
Please bring your own drinking water
Pack out trash, dumpsters are provided at sand entrance
Portable toilets and fire pans recommended
This site can accommodate a maximum of 5 vehicles and 20 people
You must reserve a minimum of 2 nights on weekends and 3 nights on holiday weekends
- This site is not suitable for RV Trailers.
Site access is difficult.
- This site is not suitable for RV trailers. Site access is difficult
- This is an OHV/ATV dispersed campsite, accessible only via soft sand routes by 4 wheel drive vehicles
- Site will be released if not occupied with first 24 hours of arrival time
- Possession of alcohol prohibited
- Motor vehicle use is prohibited from midnight to 6am from Spinreel to Horsfall
- Stop at corridor fee station and complete one Sand Camping permit per site, display permit tab on each vehicle dash
- Camp within 150ft of numbered post
- It is the responsibility of the person reserving this site to ensure all state and federal regulations are followed
- As of March 2011 this site is no longer accessible with trailers
- Trailer access at Umpqua and Horsfall sand camping areas in the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area is closed or severely limited at this time due to high water conditions.
Due to high water conditions, the following sand camps are innacessible:
Hauser Sites #96 through #98.
Please contact the Oregon Dunes NRA visitor center for current conditions.