Site 001, Loop Brookside Shelter
Hop Brook Lake | Hop Brook Lake Recreation Area
Type: GROUP SHELTER ELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Checkout Time: 6:00 PM
- Hike In Distance to Site: 75
- Max Num of People: 100
- Min Num of People: 3
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Yes
- Checkin Time: 8:00 AM
- Condition Rating: Good
- Location Rating: Good
- Proximity to Water: Riverfront
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Site Rating: Standard
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Min Num of Vehicles: 1
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 10
- Site Length: 44
- Site Width: 30
- Driveway Entry: Pull-Through
Need to Know
Brookside Shelter shares the same parking lot as the Meadows Shelter. This shelter has 8 tables and 2 grills with a small open area for recreational use. It is also located along Wooster brook. Horseshoe pits are available at this shelter. Visitors must bring equipment for the horseshoe pits. Cornhole/Bag Toss courts are also located at this shelter. Visitors can request equipment for cornhole/bag toss from Park Rangers. Cornhole/Bag Toss equipment must be returned at the end of the day. Restrooms are a short walk from the shelter and are located on the hill adjacent to the large parking lot. If the ball field is not reserved, it is open to the public on first come basis. Access to the beach from the Brookside Shelter is a short walk along the main road.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
- No motor boats (gas powered) permitted on the lake. Electric trolling motors are allowed.
- No ATV's, Dirt Bikes or ORV's allowed.
- This facility is "Pack it in. Pack it out." Please bring garbage bags. Dumpsters are only provided in select locations.
- This is a Day Use Area. There is no overnight camping allowed.
- Keg beer is prohibited. Beer or alcohol in containers in excess of one (1) liter are prohibited.
- The use of excessively loud audio devices is prohibited. Events that include D.J.'s, Live Music, Bands, etc. although not prohibited will be highly regulated.
- Fires are permitted only in grills and must be extinguished before leaving the park.
- Decorating or attaching any objects to the shelters and/or surrounding area is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to streamers, signs, balloons, etc. Table cloths and any free standing items are permitted. Please do not tape, nail or staple anything to tables, shelters, signpost, etc.
- Shelters must be kept neat and clean during the period of occupancy. Shelters are to be cleaned and rubbish is to be removed before leaving the site. Please bring a dustpan, broom and trash bags for your rubbish. Dumpsters are provided onsite for you to dispose of your rubbish. Trash cans are no longer provided.
- Signs used to direct guests must be placed on their own stake, be no larger than 18" x 24" and must be removed upon departure. Please limit signs to no more than three (3).
- Commercial activities, including but not limited to profit-making ventures are prohibited.
- User Fees are no longer charged to enter the park.