Site 004, Loop Westlawn Shelter
Hop Brook Lake | Hop Brook Lake Recreation Area
Type: GROUP SHELTER ELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Min Num of People: 3
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Shade: Yes
- Site Access: Drive-In
- Site Rating: Standard
- Hike In Distance to Site: 75
- Location Rating: Good
- Condition Rating: Good
- Max Num of People: 100
- Proximity to Water: Lakefront
- Checkin Time: 8:00 AM
- Checkout Time: 6:00 PM
- Site Height/Overhead Clearance: 10
- Site Length: 44
- Site Width: 30
- Driveway Entry: Pull-Through
- Driveway Surface: Paved
- Min Num of Vehicles: 1
Need to Know
- The Westlawn Shelter is located next to the lake. This shelter has 8 tables and 2 grills with a small open area for recreational use. It offers easy access for fishing and boating and is a short walk to the swimming area. There are horseshoe pits by this shelter. A sand volleyball court is alongside this shelter, but is not included with the shelter reservation. Visitors must bring equipment for the horseshoe pits and volleyball court. Restrooms are located on the other end of the parking lot up on the hill.
- Vehicle access is NOT allowed beyond gates or on the gravel road adjacent to this shelter. This includes catered events.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
- No motor boats (gas powered) permitted on the lake. Electric trolling motors are allowed.
- No ATV's, Dirt Bikes or ORV's allowed.
- This facility is "Pack it in. Pack it out." Please bring garbage bags. Dumpsters are only provided in select locations.
- This is a Day Use Area. There is no overnight camping allowed.
- Keg beer is prohibited. Beer and alcohol in containers in excess of one (1) liter are prohibited.
- The use of excessively loud audio devices is prohibited. Events that include D.J.'s, Live Music, Bands, etc. although not prohibited will be highly regulated.
- Fires are permitted only in grills and must be extinguished before leaving the park.
- Decorating or attaching any objects to the shelters and/or surrounding area is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to streamers, signs, balloons, etc. Table cloths and any free standing items are permitted. Please do not tape, nail or staple anything to tables, shelters, signpost, etc.
- Shelters must be kept neat and clean during the period of occupancy. Shelters are to be cleaned and rubbish is to be removed before leaving the site. Please bring a dustpan, broom and trash bags for your rubbish. Dumpsters are provided onsite for you to dispose of your rubbish. Trash cans are no longer provided.
- Signs used to direct guests must be placed on their own stake, be no larger than 18" x 24" and must be removed upon departure. Please limit signs to no more than three (3).
- Commercial activities, including but not limited to profit-making ventures are prohibited.
- User Fees are no longer charged to enter the park.