Site UGANIK ISLAND CABIN, Loop UGANIK ISLAND CABIN
Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge | Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge Cabins
Type: CABIN NONELECTRIC
Enter dates to check availability
- Bed Type: Bunk
- Max Num of People: 4
- Num of Beds: 4
- Pets Allowed: Yes
Need to Know
- Cabin Info....
- GPS Coordinates: 57.647976, -153.293062.
Beds: two bunk beds. Mattresses not provided.
- Storage Cache: separate building available for storing food and/or hanging game meat.
- Drinking Water: fresh water flows down onto the beach approximately 300 yards east of the cabin.
Heating: Nordic 250 oil drip stove; fuel consumption .08 - .26 gallons/hour.
Watch this operation video before your visit: Nordic Stove Operation
- Hunting: Bear, deer, waterfowl
- Fishing: generally poor. Pink salmon and dolly varden can be caught off the beaches in July/August.
- Primitive Conditions: no electricity, plumbing, or cookstove. Outdoor pit toilet only.
- Access by float plane or boat only. Cabin is 35 air miles from City of Kodiak (approximately 25 minute flight).